News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

09/04 - Dick’s Sporting Goods Park - Commerce City, CO - Post-Show Discussion

Started by runawayjimbo, September 05, 2015, 01:56:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

runawayjimbo

09-04-2015
Dick's Sporting Goods Park
Commerce City, CO

Soundcheck: My Soul, Undermind, Hey Joe

I: Tube > Ghost, Halley's Comet ~> Undermind, Yarmouth Road, Bathtub Gin, Waiting All Night, Horn, The Wedge, 46 Days > Run Like an Antelope

II: Wolfman's Brother > Blaze On > Golden Age -> Roses Are Free > Fuego > Wading in the Velvet Sea, Walls of the Cave

E: Hold Your Head Up > Bike* > HYHU, Loving Cup

* LTP 6/28/12, 132 show gap

Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

emay

ytowndan

I dug the opening trio of the first set.  Gin was rocking.  The transition between 46 Days and Antelope was nice as well.  Even though it wasn't a "real" segue, Trey kept somewhat of a theme going with that feedback loop which tied it all together. 

Second set got off to a pretty good start with, once again, with an awesome opening trio.  The Wolfman's jam was pretty solid, and the Blaze On jam was great.  Golden Age was horrible (the song that is), but the jam was quite superb.  Roses was very unexpected in that spot, but it's always welcome.  From there on out, the set kind of felt up and down to me.  The Fuego jam felt like it could have gone somewhere for a minute, but ultimately it fizzled out. 

Overall, it was a great start to the weekend.  Pumped for tomorrow. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

blatboom

khalpin

sunrisevt

Everything except the encore tunes was also played at Magnaball, I think?

I had a blast.

khalpin, are you out here? Saw emay in the lot and caravan during the show.

Back to bed now.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Undermind

the 30 min of Blaze on > Golden Age is the highlight of the show imo... Gin was also a scorcher!   The rest of the show was pretty well played but nothing really stands out.   Good show, not near top tier of the summer though.  Low light was probably the > from Halley's Comet into Undermind.  That was pretty rough.  Also, it really felt like Fuego was going to get out there and suddenly the Wading came... I am not a Wading hater persay, but that hurt.
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

khalpin

McGrupp

Quote from: mehead on September 05, 2015, 10:58:53 AM
Heard big red struggled with the vocals/lyrics in GA?

yes and he has been the past few versions that i can remember.

but the jam more than made up for it. one of the cooler jams of the summer IMO, but of course I've gotta go back and re-listen to confirm my opinion on that.

don't really like the song Blaze On but I'm enjoying its newfound home in the 2nd set and that it has wide-open jam potential.

Agreed that blaze on and golden age were definitely the highlights, or best stretch of music, from last night.

also...

no setlist antics this year? i see on twitter people are still trying to find a meaning to last night's setlist, but seems to me that the lesson here is that "Most shows spell something..."

... "but some don't at all."
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

mehead

Those stoner interns....

I'm a full minute into Undermind and it's still the jam from Halley's

And like UM said, the transition from Halley's into Undermind.....yikes

sunrisevt

Quote from: khalpin on September 05, 2015, 12:34:38 PM
Quote from: sunrisevt on September 05, 2015, 10:19:14 AM

khalpin, are you out here? Saw emay in the lot and caravan during the show.

No, I'm just doing couch tour.

Well, dammit then.

On the show: Yes, Trey definitely fumbled during Golden Age but the jam redeemed. A few other little stumbles may have happened, or maybe I was high. Tapes will tell.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

mehead

khalpin

Crowd noise picked up on the external mics prior to Tube starting:
QuoteBaba Booey....Baba Booey....Howard Stern's penis.....Baba Booey

Man, that Halley's > Undermind is so harsh.