News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

NHL 2015-2016

Started by Lifeboy, October 05, 2015, 11:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lifeboy

Didn't see a thread anywhere. I'm so ready for hockey season...

My fantasy draft was earlier this evening. I'm officially psyched  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

anthrax

We've got a banner to raise at the United Center tomorrow evening!  :rockout:

mattstick

Not really excited to watch the Leafs finish in the bottom 10 this year, worried that they'll get off to a good start and I'll get emotionally invested by January...

Could be a fun season to just follow my fantasy team players, which is stacked with good keepers.

Lifeboy

I also got Tabares in my team (with the 3rd pick). That's the only player we have in common. I'll post my team in a bit. I think i have a decent team. My goalies are my only concern.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

Lifeboy

Buffalo Budd

I find this whole blow in the NHL thing pretty comical. Hasn't this always been a thing (Grant Fuhr, Bob Probert, etc.)? I just assumed a few players loved to party. I think one squealer has made this a bigger deal than it actually is.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

anthrax

hawks went to OT last night.  love the 3 on 3 hockey!

also, i didn't realize the islanders would be playing at the barclay's center.  (didn't really think about where they were moving to.)  some of the views on TV made the place look empty.  is this move not well received??

Multibeast12

Quote from: anthrax on October 10, 2015, 08:45:05 AM
hawks went to OT last night.  love the 3 on 3 hockey!

also, i didn't realize the islanders would be playing at the barclay's center.  (didn't really think about where they were moving to.)  some of the views on TV made the place look empty.  is this move not well received??
Not an Islanders fan, but i have a hunch they will not be there for that long. I don't think Nassau Coliseum is being torn down, so they are probably just going to be renovating it, and i have a feeling if that is what they do, the Islanders will be back there.

Also Hawks look dangerous as always, Insane how these kids just mesh right into the NHL system for them. Such great coaching.

The Rangers forwards look way better then they did last year, But out Defense is absolute trash. Girardi, and Boyle Should not be playing anymore. Girardi is a top pairing guy who makes mistakes that you would expect out of a rookie. AV preaches make a good pass from the D zone to start the offense, and game in and game out you can see Girardi get the puck and just throw it anywhere, or reverse up the opposite wing which results in a turn over. If it was not for Lundqvist this team would be in a lot of trouble.

sls.stormyrider

It was great to see Zucc get on the scoreboard (twice - no less)

I can't figure out Girardi. He was incredibly bad during the LA series 2 years ago, but was strong last year in the playoffs. unfortunately, his contract makes him untradeable.

Agree about Boyle. Hopefully Skjei will get enough seasoning in Hartford and join the team later this year
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Multibeast12

Quote from: slslbs on October 10, 2015, 01:19:58 PM
It was great to see Zucc get on the scoreboard (twice - no less)

I can't figure out Girardi. He was incredibly bad during the LA series 2 years ago, but was strong last year in the playoffs. unfortunately, his contract makes him untradeable.

Agree about Boyle. Hopefully Skjei will get enough seasoning in Hartford and join the team later this year
I feel like, at this point Skjei was almost a lock for the team, but with Basically all 6 D men returning, try the vets and let him have one more year of seasoning. Also i thought G was pulled a long by McD a lot last playoffs, especially against Tampa. I would like to see McD play with somebody who he is not constantly covering for. I would experiment with him and Yandle. Also Staal does not look that great either. Hopefully it is just early season bugs, but it could be a serious problem very quickly.

sls.stormyrider

you are so right about the D problem.
Hank is seeing too many shots
too much traffic in front of the net

on the other side, Zucc and Nash are on fire
Kreider has been very quiet
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Lifeboy

Zuc and Nash are both on my fantasy team (and Yandle).

Zuc has been absolutely ON FIRE all season, but I was stressin' about Nash for a while. Thankfully, he's been on a super hot streak as of late.

khalpin

Jets fans mocking the Fonz

mattstick

Can't wait til Stamkos signs with the Leafs in the off-season.

Lifeboy

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/25412243/report-toronto-maple-leafs-will-have-new-logo-uniforms-in-2016-17

not sure how I feel about this. I kind of feel like they almost nailed it with these current unis.... the more simpler ones before those were pretty cool too.