News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Happy Thanksgiving!

Started by GBL, November 26, 2015, 02:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: birdman on November 24, 2016, 11:03:13 AM
Eat, drink, and be merry!
Love you folks!

hope everyone had a great one!!! <3
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

rowjimmy

Did I post in here?
Doesn't look like I did yet
I'm thankful for you

Moving this thread tho
if any thread was RANDOM
this one would be it

PIE-GUY

Quote from: PIE-GUY on November 24, 2016, 11:53:17 PM
Some late night listening needed?

http://www.aquariumdrunkard.com/2013/11/27/happy-thanksgiving-doug-sahm-and-friends-austin-tx-1972/

Hey, I posted this last year at this time. Still, this was recorded exactly 25 Thanksgivings ago... Jerry is in fine form. If you never bothered to click the link last year, I suggest clicking through this year. Here's the link again:

https://aquariumdrunkard.com/2017/11/22/happy-thanksgiving-doug-sahm-and-friends-austin-tx-1972-5/

And a little more about to to entice the listener:

QuoteDoug Sahm's Thanksgiving Jam.

Thanksgiving weekend, 1972: the Grateful Dead found themselves in Austin, allowing Garcia and Lesh to rendezvous with an old Bay Area running buddy, Mr. Tex-Mex himself, Doug Sahm, and piano-journeyman Leon Russell, at the famed Armadillo World Headquarters for a musical cornucopia of roots music. No genre was left untouched – blues, bluegrass, R&B, rock & roll, honky tonk and, naturally, Bob Dylan. All played with an ad hoc band, including members of Texas psychedelic pranksters The 13th Floor Elevators and Shiva's Headband, with a setlist that effortlessly bounces from hellcat versions of Kristofferson's "Me & Bobby McGee" and the Stones' "Wild Horses", to a don't-spill-your-beer "T For Texas", saddled with stompin-the-nails-out-of-the-floorboard cuts like "Hey Bo Diddley" and "Money Honey". This is a shitkicker of show, best served turned up, with fistfuls of turkey and pint glass of your favorite sumthin'.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mbw

I'm very thankful this year for my family, home, health, and Monet Weir's instagram account.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mbw on November 23, 2017, 06:09:51 AM
I'm very thankful this year for my family, home, health, and Monet Weir's instagram account.

:clap:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

anthrax

Quote from: mbw on November 23, 2017, 06:09:51 AM
Add the 11.23.97 Gin to this list and that's all I need!

WhatstheUse?

Love y'all! Happy thanksgiving!
Bring in the dude!

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

sls.stormyrider

A little late, but I saw this newspaper clipping for the 1st time today
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."