News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2016-12-31 Madison Square Garden - New York, NY

Started by anthrax, January 01, 2017, 01:17:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

12/31/16
Madison Square Garden
New York, NY

SET 1: Don't Bogart That Joint, Your Pet Cat, Kill Devil Falls > Back on the Train > My Soul, Lawn Boy, Divided Sky, Ya Mar, Character Zero, Walls of the Cave

SET 2: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Carini -> Twist > Piper -> Ass Handed > Piper > Sand[1] > Slave to the Traffic Light, More

SET 3: Petrichor[2] > Auld Lang Syne[2] > Suzy Greenberg[2], No Men In No Man's Land[2], Breath and Burning[2], Tide Turns[2], 555[2], Ocelot[2], First Tube[2]

ENCORE: Loving Cup[2]

[1] Trey on Marimba Lumina. Mike on keys.
[2] With TAB horns and Andres Forero on percussion

Marmar

quite possibly the worst NYE set in the history of NYE.....
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

zimbra

That second set was rocking then that third set happened :(

still had a blast
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

mistercharlie

Wow, 2016 went out with a whimper for sure. Snoozer looking set.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Gundo

Marmar

seriously the worst I've seen/heard since coventry....
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

WhatstheUse?

I thought the whole petrichor dealio was pretty cool. I was fully entertained.

Suzy was a riot. Entire place was having a blast during that. The absurdity of the ballon puppies piling up on stage was awesome.

Rest of the 3rd set... ya know...

Carini and Piper had some sweet moments. Over all, it was just a good f'n time.
Bring in the dude!

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

anthrax

mbw

Enough with the positivity.  This was clearly the worst phish show ever.

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

VDB

For what it's worth, you jaded vet bastards you, I had a mix of Phish and non-Phish friends over last night and the non-Phish people thought the third set was a glorious extravaganza. Which it was.
Is this still Wombat?

anthrax

Rewatching the beginning of the 3rd set now.  This shit is cool!

WhatstheUse?

I mean c'mon. This is just absurdly hilarious...
Bring in the dude!