News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

7-19-2017 Peterson Event Center, Pittsburgh, PA

Started by Gundo, July 19, 2017, 11:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gundo

:phish:

7-19-2017 Peterson Event Center, Pittsburgh, PA

Set 1: My Soul, NICU, Haley's Comet, Undermind, Divided Sky, Marissa[1], Home, Prince Caspian

Set 2: Punch You in the Eye, Mr. Completely[2], Mercury> Come Together[3], Contact, Axilla, Steam, Backwards Down the Number Line

E: Things People Do, Bug, Rocky Top

[1] Debut, Mike song
[2] LTP 2003-07-15, 380 shows
[3] Debut, Trey song

Gundo

Good good show. Can't fucking wait for Baker's Dozen

aphineday

Quote from: EdBanky on July 19, 2017, 11:12:40 PM
Good good show. Can't fucking wait for Baker's Dozen
Perfectly summed up.
I think BD will have something special.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

anthrax

Something special is going on here.  That was an unbelievable 5 nights!  I spent tonight behind the stage in a section that would be a killer msg Paug section, except I was the only person in this section!  Kuroda is moving sections of the lights up and down to coincide with the jams.  I didn't really notice it the other 4 nights, but it was tripping me out back there.  So cool!  Mid second set I spot a couple just going at it in the back row of "my" section.  Unfortunately they got busted by security and most likely arrested.  Love is in the air I guess.  Can't wait to get hammered on my couch for the next 2 weeks before I do it all again!!

Gundo

This Caspian f'ing rages! Holy smokes. Mike bombs everywhere got me going  :crazy:

WhatstheUse?

Missed the show tonight, but I'm hearing good things!

What's up with this caspian?!? Jammed out Mr. completely bustout! Oh hellll yes!

Also...... no repeats....
Bring in the dude!

Caravan2001

Listened to second set 3 times already.  Some really great stuff.  Come Together is awesome.  I knew they wee bound to bring back Mr. Completely.  It's so good too.  Killer Mercury.  I find it hard to believe they won't play another DWD or Ghost or any of the new songs again at MSG (especially the new songs) but who knows. Even 5 shows with no repeats great.  This is the strongest overall start to a recent tour that I can remember,  MSG is gonna blow doors.

mistercharlie

So, Come Together isn't a Beatles cover? You know Trey and Tom had to know there was already a song called Come Together. I'm sure they've heard it once or twice before.

Why isn't the song called 'Rise Up', I'm sure there are songs called Rise Up, but none as popular as Come Together.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Jealous of the spacious behind the stage section, Jeff.
I enjoyed what I heard of set two last night and am just getting into a proper listen from the beginning now.
Mr. Completely brought the goods, no doubt.

mistercharlie

Wow, this Mr. Completely is some serious business!! Gold, Jerry, GOLD!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

emay

mbw

C'mon Dave, say it....."I....loved.....that.....Caspian"

runawayjimbo

Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Gumbo72203

people were falling over themselves saying this Caspian is better than Magnaball last night, and I think I disagree.  This Caspian is VERY good, probably equally so, but I think i like Magnaball better.  This is a dirty, raunchy peak.  Which is fucking great.  I love it. 

Marissa also reminds me of 555 for some reason, I keep hearing Mike's bassline in my head.  But I liked it, the vocal melody on this one is VERY strong.  Also, Rise Up/Come Together is fucking sick.  Great stuff there.  I was kinda bummed that Mercury didn't get a jam but that segue was as smooth as you'll ever get, and the jam out of Rise Up/Come Together made up for it very much.  The rest of the set was kinda meh to me after Contact.  Really wanted them to throw in a Bowie and keep the jamming going, but Axilla > Steam > #Line just isn't what I prefer.  Number Line was well-played though. 

Kinda crazy that 4 straight shows have had a 21+ minute jam.  Not sure that's ever happened before in 3.0. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again