News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Trump White House: Adventures in Communications

Started by VDB, July 27, 2017, 06:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

^^^ The video clip of that is painfully funny. This fucking douche bag is so out of touch with reality, it would be amusing if it wasn't so pathetic. His ignorance is impacting real peoples lives. Fuck him and all the dumb numb nuts that put him in office.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

gah

So the Mueller probe's first indictments and plea bargain announced yesterday...start of the end for Trump or still not enough?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

sls.stormyrider

on one hand, I hate the bastard and want to see him taken down. I think he is truly a bad person who is bad for the country and the world.

on the other, Pence will be able to get more stuff done in congress cause he knows the system. that won't be a good thing. But - I don't think he will have the overall negativeness that Trump has

ugggh
the lesser of 2 evils is still evil
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mattstick

Pence and Ryan go down too. Hatch is the lamest duck Prez ever.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mattstick on October 31, 2017, 01:36:33 PM
Pence and Ryan go down too. Hatch is the lamest duck Prez ever.

Manafort is the reason Pence got there in the first place, he's gotta go down too I'm thinking.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

ytowndan

Quote from: slslbs on October 31, 2017, 01:18:44 PM
on one hand, I hate the bastard and want to see him taken down. I think he is truly a bad person who is bad for the country and the world.

on the other, Pence will be able to get more stuff done in congress cause he knows the system. that won't be a good thing. But - I don't think he will have the overall negativeness that Trump has

ugggh

I've pondered the same thing recently.  Which is worse, the potential for catastrophic danger under Trump or the certainty of legislative damage under Pence?  I guess the responsible answer is Trump, though 3.5 years of Pence will sting. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

sls.stormyrider

Both the killings Vega and NYC were horrible and my heart goes out to all of the victims.

Why isn't the guy in Vegas considered a terrorist? Is firing automatic weapons into a crowd not terrorism?

"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

sunrisevt

Quote from: ytowndan on October 31, 2017, 05:44:13 PM

ugggh

I've pondered the same thing recently.  Which is worse, the potential for catastrophic danger under Trump or the certainty of legislative damage under Pence?  I guess the responsible answer is Trump, though 3.5 years of Pence will sting.

My gut tells me that if Trump goes down, Pence goes down with him.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: sunrisevt on November 02, 2017, 11:50:15 AM

ugggh

While I think you may be right, I hate it. This type of constitutional crisis is never good. I'm not ok with the policy stuff that could happen with Pence, but I'm even less ok with testing the order of succession rules we have in place. It puts our country in a very precarious position on the world stage.

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: PIE-GUY on November 02, 2017, 11:58:23 AM
Quote from: sunrisevt on November 02, 2017, 11:50:15 AM

ugggh

While I think you may be right, I hate it. This type of constitutional crisis is never good. I'm not ok with the policy stuff that could happen with Pence, but I'm even less ok with testing the order of succession rules we have in place. It puts our country in a very precarious position on the world stage.

we already are in a precarious position

sunrisevt

Yeah, it took Nixon's administration a few years to implode--long enough for them to secure him a second term, which provided the party leadership the opportunity to place a viable successor, in the form of Gerald Ford. Agnew was taking bribes in his office.

As I understand it, that's also kind of how Harry Truman would up VPOTUS for FDR's fourth term: the other VP was unacceptable to the party leadership as a successor (forgot his name & the DNC's reasons), and they were pretty sure FDR wouldn't survive the full four years (medically, not politically as in Nixon's case). So in the 1944 campaign they ditched the other guy in favor of Truman.

Trump's rush to the bottom is outpacing all the traditional means of control.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Hicks

I'm just looking forward to President Ryan. 

::vomits blood::
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mbw

Unfortunately I think you guys are dreaming.
Trump has prevailed agaisnt all odds and I dont see that stopping.

rowjimmy

If they were to try to remove Trump, the streets will be filled with rioting Russian bots.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 02, 2017, 08:37:32 PM
If they were to try to remove Trump, the streets will be filled with rioting Russian bots.

Don't forget these guys.

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.