News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

7/30/2017 - MSG, New York, NY

Started by Hicks, July 30, 2017, 11:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactusfan

Quote from: Augustus on July 31, 2017, 11:29:45 AM
The Jimi cover sounded like a High School band was playing.
So thin and lifeless.
Trey should chat with John Mayer.

Alas, it is true. That was terrible. Jimi deserves better.

But Drowned and A Song I Heard are weird and cool. And I was amused by Harpua.

VDB

We aren't really complaining about the acting quality in a Harpua gag, are we?
Also, Mary sounded fine from where I stood. Would have preferred the Bold as Love that I called, of course.
Is this still Wombat?

GBL

I thought Drowned was awesome.  I'll take a Harpua anytime, regardless of anything, I honestly just love the song itself
If this is love, I'm never going home..

shoreline99

Quote from: VDB on July 31, 2017, 11:54:23 AM

LOL  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

ph92

Quote from: shoreline99 on July 31, 2017, 12:30:03 PM

LOL  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Last night seemed like a really fun show. Spinning it now, really enjoying Trey's chops these days. He's not flub free, but he seems to be playing the composed sections of difficult tunes a lot better than in previous tours.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

Caravan2001

I really liked what I saw/heard.  missed most of the drowned jam and all of SIHTOS so missed a fair bit of the meat, but I liked what I saw.  No complaints from the encore here, but I was also half asleep.  My wife went and she said energy in venue was great.

VDB

Drowned and Ocean was the goods and paired very nicely with the CK5 action. It'll be interesting to hear how that plays on tape. Great vibe in the room and the 2001 dance party was oodles of fun.
Is this still Wombat?

mbw

Quote from: Augustus on July 31, 2017, 11:29:45 AM
The Jimi cover sounded like a High School band was playing.

Yup.  I thought it sounded like a kid taking guitar lessons playing hendrix.  Eek.

Why wouldn't we?

Also, they're my favorite band.

WhatstheUse?

I didn't find the encore particularly bad sounding at the time, but also, I was there and psyched on the debut so....
Bring in the dude!

Hicks

Harpua was legit awful, rest of the show was awesome, especially Drowned > ASITHOS which was top shelf.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

susep

Was hoping for a Machine Gun w/ sit in by Billy Cox.  The Wind Cries doesn't bode well for MSG.  Hendrix played it on his up and up, after he graduated to venues like the Garden he stopped playing it.  I'm sure he didn't play it live after '68. 

Quote from: cactusfan on July 31, 2017, 11:52:50 AM
Drowned and A Song I Heard are weird and cool.

Gumbo72203

so....  Drowned > ASIHTOS.  I'm so glad that we have this band back.  This is incredible stuff, man.  It sounds so 2.0-y, in a healthy way.  I **Love** that they're dipping down into the energy spectrum and exploring and drawing out the chill jams and not forcing things to a rock peak.  Wonderful, wonderful stuff. 

Edit:  This also might be the best Esther in over 20 years....
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

shoreline99

I've always had a soft spot for Esther. Some people hate it, but I like that song.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

mbw

Quote from: shoreline99 on August 01, 2017, 07:43:56 AM
I've always had a soft spot for Esther. Some people hate it, but I like that song.

who are these strange people?

ph92

Quote from: mbw on August 01, 2017, 09:10:23 AM
Quote from: shoreline99 on August 01, 2017, 07:43:56 AM

who are these strange people?
People who hate spinning. I've always loved the muted strum sound (with the volume pedal) in the composed section of Esther
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH