News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2017-12-30 Madison Square Garden New York, NY

Started by PIE-GUY, December 30, 2017, 11:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

2017-12-30 Madison Square Garden New York, NY

Set 1:

Mike's Song>I am H2>Week4paug Groove, Tweezer>ASS Handed, Kill Devil Falls>Bathtub Gin, Brother, More

Set 2:

Down with Disease>Steam>Light>Farmhouse, Run Like an Antelope

Encore:

Sleeping Monkey, Tweezer Reprise

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

PIE-GUY

Superfreakie

Yes. I've spent the last two nights sober, and thought last night was poorly played with little creativity. It felt uninspired. Tonight was a very different story.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

khalpin

Quote from: Superfreakie on December 30, 2017, 11:48:33 PM
Yes. I've spent the last two nights sober, and thought last night was poorly played with little creativity. It felt uninspired. Tonight was a very different story.
Sorry about the whole sobriety thing.

Hicks

Little bit of Weekapaug in the end of this Tweezer, nice. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

anthrax

Marmar

Dunno....maybe it was the near overdose of 2cb last night or what.....but I did NOT enjoy this show at ALL. I felt like the first set was just going thru the motions, and was kinda sloppy....Felt kinda the same for what I saw of set 2....

To be perfectly honest, I started listening to house music after Steam because I just couldn't take it any more.....

Maybe my feelings will change after a sober re-listen....but last night did not play well with the drugs....
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

rowjimmy

mistercharlie

I liked this show. I checked the setlist for set I last night before bed and I was a quite a little bit buzzed, so I forgot everything I saw other than a 1st set Tweezer.

So when I listened to it this morning I decided to go in blind and not know what was played or how long the versions were. Something I hadn't done since Hampton '09.

The Mike's Groove opener took me by surprise, and I was blown away by the 20 minute tweezer that I was not expecting, and the slow ending like the old days -> Ass Handed was great. That slow-funk Brother, or Slunk Brother (as I'm calling it), was the shit as well. DWD was an extremely long, semi-type I, but fantastic version. I think the microjam after Steam was the closest thing Phish has ever played to a Dead-like 'Space' jam.

This was some good stuff.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

Quote from: mistercharlie on December 31, 2017, 10:53:44 AM
I think the microjam after Steam was the closest thing Phish has ever played to a Dead-like 'Space' jam.

Some sort of well known Deadhead agreed with you. He posted this during that Steam jam last night.

whatapiper

That was what it's all about right there guys, one of the best shows from start to finish that I can remember seeing live, the 29th left a lot to be desired in my opinion... not sure how they're going to top last nights show.
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

susep

damn, this Brother.   :music:

edit - the jam out of Steam is why I love Phish. 

Hicks

You know the boys are on when even a deep second set Farmhouse delivers. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Quote from: PIE-GUY on December 31, 2017, 11:08:57 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on December 31, 2017, 10:53:44 AM
I think the microjam after Steam was the closest thing Phish has ever played to a Dead-like 'Space' jam.

Some sort of well known Deadhead agreed with you. He posted this during that Steam jam last night.

Glad I'm not the only one who heard it. It was some deep shit.  :syf:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

WhatstheUse?

Last night was rockin' but I definitely preferred the first two nights. Lotta huge songs in that first set but it was all just long rawk peaks, which isn't bad, just not the type 2 I wanted.

I really dug the space at the end of steam, that was some trippy stuff. I also like that the Farmhouse didn't 'peak' it just kinda floated along.

Also, the slow brother must've been a mistake, right? I feel like Mike just started it at the wrong tempo and they had to go with it from there? It was an interesting twist either way.

Can't wait for tonight!
Bring in the dude!