News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2018-08-03 Alpharetta, GA -Post-Show Discussion

Started by rowjimmy, August 04, 2018, 12:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

2018-08-03

Set 1 -
First Tube, No Men In No Man's Land, Ghost, All of These Dreams > Back on the Train, Free, Martian Monster, Tube > 555, Walls of the Cave

Set 2 -
Tweezer > Blaze On > Prince Caspian > Carini > Simple > Winterqueen, Harry Hood

Encore -
More

rowjimmy

birdman

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Sounded swell from the couch. thought ghost went some
Nice places.
Paug FTMFW!

nab

WhatstheUse?

No reprise, ay? I like that....
Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 04, 2018, 01:56:24 AM
No reprise, ay? I like that....

It's coming on Sunday.

Show looks HAWT!!! Gonna be a fun listen.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

gah

Enjoyed watching that one GREATLY...only downer for me was the winterqueen sandwiched between that simple and hood at the end....wish simple went further, but ah well. In any case, will be relistening to that second set for sure.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

runawayjimbo

Show of the tour imo. Strong first set but that whole second set was a blast. They dropped HARD into Carini outta Fuckerpants and wasted no time getting dirty. Great segue into Simple too and the climax in Hood felt really good. Can't wait to give it another spin.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

gah

Quote from: runawayjimbo on August 04, 2018, 09:29:25 AM
Show of the tour imo. Strong first set but that whole second set was a blast. They dropped HARD into Carini outta Fuckerpants and wasted no time getting dirty. Great segue into Simple too and the climax in Hood felt really good. Can't wait to give it another spin.

Seriously! Such a great juxtaposition from a blissful sound to straight anger...LOVED it!  :crazy:

Thank you Phish.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

mistercharlie

Through set I so far. That Ghost was the real deal, aside from the Horse-Force return to the Ghost theme Trey pulled, but that won't stop me from listening to it again and again! 15 years to the day after the IT Ghost!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mbw

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 04, 2018, 10:32:08 AM
Through set I so far. That Ghost was the real deal, aside from the Horse-Force return to the Ghost theme Trey pulled, but that won't stop me from listening to it again and again! 15 years to the day after the IT Ghost!

The drop back into ghost at the end was hillarious.

sunrisevt

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 04, 2018, 10:32:08 AM

Holy shit I'm old.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

mistercharlie

Damn this is one great show, Fuckepants and  Winterqueen aside. Those Ghost, Tweezer and Carini jams are all amazing.

mehead

Needless to say, last night smoked. I was sure I heard more than a tease of Steam during Ghost and was convinced that's where they were headed next. Havent re-listened to any of last night so assuming it was the  :smoke:   At one point it seemed Trey was trying to abort and it felt like the jam was staring to fall apart. Mike wouldn't have any of that. Finally caught a 3.0 Tube. Place was a dance-a-thon as soon as it started. The whole first set was fire and was more than satisfied at setbreak and really didn't care what was going to happen in the second set. Firing off Carini coming out of fuckerpants was pretty freaking sweet. And nasty. Winterqueen provides a nice breather. Loved the Hood. More in the encore slot was meh but I'm not quite a fan of the tune. Yet. Didn't matter at that point anyway. Guess we'll get the reprise tonight or more likely, close out the run Sunday night. Can't wait to rage again in a few hours.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."