News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

CRAZY F-ing Weather!

Started by VA $l!m, February 17, 2006, 06:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

Light drizzle?
What the hell, I live in Canada, we should be getting snow in January.
And yes, that would be measured with a US ruler.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

kellerb

They don't have rain in Canada.

If they had anything like liquid precipitation, they'd also be able to have Lite beer, as descended from the mountains, and then they wouldn't be able to lord the molson over us.

mbw

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 10, 2018, 10:27:47 AM
Light drizzle?
What the hell, I live in Canada, we should be getting snow in January.
And yes, that would be measured with a US ruler.

I just don't know what the hell 90mm even is.
Here in murica we are a simple folk. 
We like our cars fast, our banks closed, and our measurements in confusing fractions.

Buffalo Budd

Sorry guys, I should have realized I needed to translate for the Paug.
We're getting close to 4" of rain this weekend.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 10, 2018, 12:44:36 PM

ooooooooooh

Sounds damp.

anthrax

damn!  if it was cold enough and that rain was actually snow, that would be a ton a lot of snow!

VDB

Quote from: anthrax on January 11, 2018, 07:58:06 PM

damn!  if it was cold enough and that rain was actually snow, that would be a ton a lot of snow!

We would have accepted "a tonne."
Is this still Wombat?

ytowndan

Our little mini-spring (36 hours of temps in the low-to-mid 50s) is coming to an abrupt end tomorrow.  It will be 50 in the early hours of the morning, and then by early evening it will have dropped all the way down to 12!  Along with the obviously high winds you'd expect from such a radical change in temperature, they're calling for an epic segue of rain > freezing rain > snow.  Fuck January. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

rowjimmy

Quote from: ytowndan on January 11, 2018, 09:43:26 PM
Our little mini-spring (36 hours of temps in the low-to-mid 50s) is coming to an abrupt end tomorrow.  It will be 50 in the early hours of the morning, and then by early evening it will have dropped all the way down to 12!  Along with the obviously high winds you'd expect from such a radical change in temperature, they're calling for an epic segue of rain > freezing rain > snow.  Fuck January.

Similarly, we have 60s today (and rain) but tomorrow it will be 38º at sunrise and falling throughout the day into the teens tomorrow night.

gah

I hate when the weather plays that trifecta. the transitions are usually pretty smooth, but that jam in the middle particularly sucks. I'll take a help slip franklins over that any day.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

kellerb

Quote from: gah on January 13, 2018, 01:06:32 PM

I hate when the weather plays that trifecta. the transitions are usually pretty smooth, but that jam in the middle particularly sucks. I'll take a help slip franklins over that any day.

"Slip" is the key word in the middle of each of those

Buffalo Budd

VA $l!m

its like -30 wind chill today. fucking brutal.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

sls.stormyrider

snow / ice storm last night.
this AM I saw a guy pulled over because his rear windsheild was TOTALLY covered in snow. The cop made him get out and scrape it off.
lol
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

Nearly five inches of rain since Saturday morning.