News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

primus

Started by converse29, March 10, 2006, 03:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

converse29

Anything Primus. :-D

converse29

I had a chance to catch them in Lewiston,Maine about two and a half years ago. This was the original line-up. The first set consisted of some newer material and a few gems from the old days.
The second set is definitely to be remembered. The entire Sailing The Seas Of Cheese album was played from beginning to end. They improvised the whole show. The second set was so good. :-D

VA $l!m

the Primus set   from Vegoose was my fav part of the webcast of the festival.

though i think the last time i saw them was in 91(?) opening for RUsh.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mattstick

Primus Sucks!

(had to do it)

justjezmund

Well jerry was a racecar driver.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

VA $l!m

sophist

Quote from: Jezmund420 on March 11, 2006, 06:55:14 AM
Well jerry was a racecar driver.
only primus tune I know
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

gene

primus rules. anything claypool

justjezmund

Wynona's got herself a big brown beaver
And she shows it off to all her friends.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

converse29

pour me out a bowl of corn chex...

converse29

To defy the laws of tradition
Is a crusade only of the brave

VA $l!m

my name is mud.
-no really, VA slim is just my web handle.

susep

I really like Sausage w/ Lalonde and the Brown Bag album>sick metallic funk/punk that came out(1997)just as Phish was funking it up...

susep

Oh yeah and the Harpua>Suzy Jam from 6Dec1996 is preety sick also :-o

mistercharlie

Got an e-mail from PrawnSong:

QuoteThe Primus record is nearly done. For those of you that enjoyed the new song, "Last Salmon Man", that we played New Year's, you'll love the record because every song basically sounds exactly the same as that one. In fact, we just kept recording the same song over and over and I would just change a few of the lyrics around. I hear that's the way Pink Floyd used to do it and those guys are no slouches.

(My manager got bent out of shape for me writing that last bit about the record and he wanted me to change it so, here is what I'm changing it to...)

The Primus record is nearly done. Every song is pretty much a variation of "Don't Fear the Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult. Everyone should buy two copies.

Anyhow, I'll see you all in Australia.

Les (the guy that plays bass)

Les is freakin' hilarious.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.