News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

FANTASY FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!

Started by antelope19, August 02, 2006, 05:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Ya, I struggled with the QB pick.  I waited and waited.  I think I'll be ok.  Miami is lookin ok this preseason so far, so Culpepper may end up being my starter.  But Bulger is no slouch either, only time will tell.  My name was drawn first, and with the first pick in the draft, it was a tough call, but in the end, I took LT.  How can you honestly pass that guy up!!!!!!!  My second and third picks were Steve Smith and Tori Holt.  So I was stoked after that.  By that time, Palmer, Hasslebeck, and Manning were all gone.  So I decided to wait.  Which may or may not pay off.  But I love my RB's and WR's thus far.  There are PLENTY of "sleepers" this year in the draft.  More so than in years past I believe.(Reggie Bush, Chester Taylor, Mike Bell, Kellen Winslow, to name a few)  If you do your research, which I am guessing you have, you'll be fine. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

jedifunk

yea, i'm not too worried, but its always nice to draft well... which i didnt do last year... but i did REALLY well on the waiver wire & with trades..
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

bacchist

man... i would have been all over this if i had seen it sooner... i'm already in one league with etree people... i've got to draft first, which i'm not sure i like.  i've got to wait so long for my 2nd and 3rd picks that anything less than the absolute best performer as my #1 pick will be a total waste... i'm thinking i'll go with sean alexander, who was the #1 point earner last year (this league favors the top tier RBs over top tier QBs)... i don't see any reason to think that he won't be able to repeat last year's performance.  i'm not sure who will be around when it gets back to me for my second pick, which makes me nervous...

anyway... if anyone needs one more for another league, i wouldn't mind being in another one.
Rebuilding...

patton1138

Dangit!  Went to sign up and the league is full...

jedifunk

in the 9th round of my fantasy draft right now...

so far, i'm undecided on how i'm doing...
1. l jordan
2. c johnson
3. d mcallister
4. d driver
5. d brees
6. f gore
7. t glenn
8. k warner

what do you think?
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Caravan2001

that's solid....I just finished one here, I didn't do as wel as that.  I had 14th pick, but I have Steve Smith, Delhomme and Cadillac Williams, so I could do OK.  I had my big draft yesterday, and did much better I think.  Hard to tell until the season  gets underway.  I do know that with 2 drafts under  my belt, I am DIALED for the week4paug league, so everyone lookout!  :samurai:

jedifunk

Quote from: jedifunk on August 28, 2006, 11:09:07 PM
in the 9th round of my fantasy draft right now...

so far, i'm undecided on how i'm doing...
1. l jordan
2. c johnson
3. d mcallister
4. d driver
5. d brees
6. f gore
7. t glenn
8. k warner

what do you think?

here's the end of my draft

9. m pittman (not happy with this pick, but all the other RBs available were on the same bye as 2 of my RB picks already :| )
10. j brown (PK)
11. jaguars D
12. randle el
13. r moats
14. c wilson
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

not bad not great...

we'll see how it goes... i feel like i've had the same draft 3 years in a row... not necessairly the same players, but same type of draft... no homeruns at RB, 1 great WR, then a bunch of solid to ok players... we'll see, i've made the playoffs the last 2 years, and was 2nd place last year.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

tet

so, winner of this league gets what?  choice of shows?  access to girlfriends/wives/mothers of losers?  a ridiculous amount of karma points?
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

antelope19

Quote from: tet on August 29, 2006, 01:08:14 PM
so, winner of this league gets what?  choice of shows?  access to girlfriends/wives/mothers of losers?  a ridiculous amount of karma points?

I personally would love access to the :phish: Vault.  But I guess access to girlfriends/wives/mothers will have to suffice..........

Caravan2001

I think there should be some sort of prize for the top 3 teams, or the Super Bowl and regular league champs.  I'm also happy to play for bragging rights too.  I'd say have everyone kick in $25 or so, but the likelyhood of everyone agreeing to kick down, or someone willing to deal with collecting it is unlikely and risky (sorry bro, I had the $ but I had went on Cheese tour and spent it on a dank tiedye and a hemp collar for my dog, or something even lamer)....

jedifunk

Quote from: caravan2001 on August 29, 2006, 06:32:53 PM
(sorry bro, I had the $ but I had went on Cheese tour and spent it on a dank tiedye and a hemp collar for my dog, or something even lamer)....

does it get more lame than that?  i mean, thats pretty fucking lame already
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

antelope19

Quote from: jedifunk on August 29, 2006, 07:28:51 PM
Quote from: caravan2001 on August 29, 2006, 06:32:53 PM
(sorry bro, I had the $ but I had went on Cheese tour and spent it on a dank tiedye and a hemp collar for my dog, or something even lamer)....

does it get more lame than that?  i mean, thats pretty fucking lame already

:-o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol:

antelope19

Just finished my 2nd draft.... not bad.  But not great either.......But I am drunk as hell.  Good times

antelope19

J. Plummer
WR T. Holt
WR D. Jackson
WR Matt Jones
L. Tomlinson

RB D. Davis

TE H. Miller

BN A. Toomer

BN F. Gore

BN A. Lelie