News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Decemberists are on tour!

Started by mattstick, October 29, 2006, 08:10:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: mattstick on November 03, 2006, 05:42:03 AM

Oh Valencia!
\
started to drive my wife nuts by singing that song around the house yesterday...

Just couldn't stop.

jedifunk

woot!  going to see them tomorrow night!  really stoked!

AND, i just found out that this guy i recently met through work did the graphic design for their 1st 3 albums!  he just moved here from portland, and we've gotten to know each other as we work on a project together...  hoping to get backstage after the show!!!

i'll report back with a review on monday probably.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

August

nice!
i go to an "underground" poker/blackjack/ c-lo game every friday night, and one of the chicks there just went to the show in NYC and said it was one of the best shows she has seen.
she said there was a ton of crowd interaction/conduction.
enjoy.
a

guyforget

Have fun, jedifunk.  Wish theyd come closer to Morgantown, 3.5 hours is just too far.
-AD_

jedifunk

welp... nevermind... the wife and each both thought the other had purchased tickets and now its sold-out :(

fuck... we're so stupid... or at least we are too busy to even think to make sure the other actually bought tix.
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

rowjimmy

thats marital communication for ya...

jedifunk

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 12, 2006, 08:01:16 PM
thats marital communication for ya...

you mean.... lack there of...

bummer... and the show starts in 30 minutes.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

right now.... words cannot describe how upset i am at not seeing them last night...

i just listened (again) to the crane wife, and its soooooooo good!  album of the year?  i could see it...
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

rowjimmy

I feel for ya. Right after I picked up that record and fell for it I looked to see when/if they were coming and sure enough they were set two play 2 nights @ 930club.

Both were way sold out :(

nab

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 06, 2006, 10:12:51 AM
\
started to drive my wife nuts by singing that song around the house yesterday...

Just couldn't stop.
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 15, 2006, 08:34:46 PM
I feel for ya. Right after I picked up that record and fell for it I looked to see when/if they were coming and sure enough they were set two play 2 nights @ 930club.

Both were way sold out :(

Now I'm on that train as well.  This is the greatest album I've heard so far this year.  Thanks for turning me on to this album.  The Decemberists play here tomorrow.  Too bad I didn't turn on sooner.  Now I'm broke, I have to work, and the tickets sold out a long time ago.  I would really like to take my wife to this show.  Oh well, at least I have a great new band to listen to.   :beers:

Edit: My wife really likes this album as well.  It satisfies both of our musical tastes.  Pretty rare for a band neither one of us heard (Tarkio aside) before.

jedifunk

:clap:

yeah!  the decemberists awared "week4paug album of the year"!!!!

sweet
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

rowjimmy

Little soon for the Week4paug awards...
doesn't voting begin in January?

jedifunk

nope, see the new topic in general discussions
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio