News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Show Attended?

Started by cactusfan, November 03, 2006, 01:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

Went to Built To Spill last night.  Killer show.  Instead of playing their usual 800-1200 person venue, they played two nights in a half as big venue.  Was cool to see them in such an intimate venue.  I had never seen them or heard the 3 piece lineup. Great show for sure.  Amazing setlist from across all the releases. 

ph92

Just saw Sunshine Festival this past weekend in St. Petersburg

MMW was the highlight for sure. This was the first time I've seen the, they were tons of fun.

Gordo played Destiny Unbound (they said it was the first time they played it) and a cover of Cities, but Talking Heads version. Wasn't half bad actually, haven't been a huge fan of Solo Gordon in the past.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

rowjimmy

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 17, 2017, 02:29:13 PM
Helped orchestrate an awesome house show at my neighbor’s house last night:
John Andrews (solo/Quilt/Woods) and Daniel Bachman.

Can’t wait to sit down and decode the mid/side recording I made.

Finally unleashed the recordings of this show. I think they sound pretty good.

John Andrews:
https://soundcloud.com/rowjimmy/sets/john-andrews-2017-12-16-shrunken-road-brewery-fredericksburg-va

Daniel Bachman:
https://soundcloud.com/rowjimmy/sets/daniel-bachman-2017-12-16-shrunken-road-brewery-fredericksburg-va

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

birdman

Saw Greensky last night in Boston. Fantastic as usual. The opening band, "Billy Strings", really blew me away. Holy shit can this kid play a guitar. What started out as pretty standard bluegrass quickly morphed into something...different. Apparently this kid cut his teeth playing in metal bands. He brings that intensity and furious speed to these songs. Really just phenomenal. Will go back...in fact I'm going back to see them again tonight in NYC
Paug FTMFW!

emay

Hell yeah, went to one of their Ogden shows here. They never disappoint.
Billy strings crushes. He played in the Hoffman/Beck Quartet last spring with paul and anders from Greensky for a run of shows in CO and they were a wild.
Looks like they only have a tape of the Boulder show
https://archive.org/details/phab4_2017-04-05.16bit.aud

gah

Quote from: birdman on January 26, 2018, 11:54:52 AM
Saw Greensky last night in Boston. Fantastic as usual. The opening band, "Billy Strings", really blew me away. Holy shit can this kid play a guitar. What started out as pretty standard bluegrass quickly morphed into something...different. Apparently this kid cut his teeth playing in metal bands. He brings that intensity and furious speed to these songs. Really just phenomenal. Will go back...in fact I'm going back to see them again tonight in NYC

So my buddy Sam who fell ass backwards into becoming a music photographer after attending Jazzfest with me one year, is on tour with Billy Strings as their photographer. He actually quit his job and bought a truck and trailer and just hit the road to photograph at various festivals, and so I don't know how he got in with Billy Strings, but somehow, he's been on the road with them for awhile now. If you see a long haired pony tail wearing beared heavy set dude with a camera and photographers backpack, say hello.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

anthrax

PIE-GUY

gah's buddy Sam whom I've hung with at Jazzfest the last few years has been traveling with Billy Strings as their official photographer for a while. I really want to see them soon. Heard nothing but good things.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

birdman

Night two of greensky/ billy strings. Great energy in nyc crowd was super responsive. And I can again say Billy Strings was the highlight. I could watch this kid play every night and not lose interest. In fact I think I'll go back again tonight for round three.
GAH, I saw your boy last night but he seemed pretty busy so I didn't bother him. I'll try to say hi tonight
Paug FTMFW!

PIE-GUY

Quote from: PIE-GUY on January 27, 2018, 03:35:42 PM

gah's buddy Sam whom I've hung with at Jazzfest the last few years has been traveling with Billy Strings as their official photographer for a while. I really want to see them soon. Heard nothing but good things.

Ha. I didn't see there was another page to the thread.

Seriously, introduce yourself to Sam if you see him. He's a good dude and he's always gonna look super busy and focused cuz that's his default mode. But he'll snap out of it if you say hi.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on January 27, 2018, 06:19:20 PM

Seriously, introduce yourself to Sam if you see him. He's a good dude and he's always gonna look super busy and focused cuz that's his default mode. But he'll snap out of it if you say hi.

Well, that, and he's constantly hitting his vape pen.  :smoke:  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

ph92

Quote from: gah on January 29, 2018, 02:49:52 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on January 27, 2018, 06:19:20 PM

Well, that, and he's constantly hitting his vape pen.  :smoke:  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
For a second I thought it was Morgan, cause I think he was there too.

Also vape life. :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Seen them a few times now, they are killer! I'd like to see them play their own show though, I've only seen some festival sets.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

sls.stormyrider

d/l the show from 1/28, listened to part of it so far
yea, this is good stuff.

thanks for the recommendation
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

shoreline99

moe. last night, show was awesome. BVaz will attest. Great to see Rob back.

Second set was 2+ hours of jammy goodness. They broke the Cap curfew and played until almost 1 am. Can't wait to hear Brian's recording from 7'-0 1/2" high.

moe.
The Capitol Theatere
Port Chester, NY
02/03/2018

I
Okayalright>
Not Coming Down>
Wormwood>
St. Augustine
I Can Never Remember (new Jim song)*
All Roads Lead to Home
Opium
Recreational Chemistry

II
Brent Black
Mexico
Timmy Tucker
New Hope for the New Year (new Chuck song, really dug this one)*
Yodelittle>
George>
Yodelittle>
Buster

E.
Al.nouncements
Nebraska
Annihilation Blues

*FTP
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.