News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

best '04 shows?

Started by phud418, February 08, 2007, 08:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phud418

Havn't heard much from this tour, what are some of the best shows?

August

6-20
8-12.

i dont like any of the rest.
a

DoW

8/11 was pretty good.
definitely a year that I rarely throw in for a listen though.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

jedifunk

bvaz- did u receive the book i sent you?  i never heard from you so i'm just curious... it shipped from amazon
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Hicks

6/19 is a must have IMO, I'll second 6/20 and 8/12 as well, although 8/12 could be a sentimental pick as it was the last "real" Phish show I saw.  6/18 is pretty fun too.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

August

Quote from: ikki on February 08, 2007, 09:05:40 PM
6/19 is a must have IMO, I'll second 6/20 and 8/12 as well, although 8/12 could be a sentimental pick as it was the last "real" Phish show I saw.  6/18 is pretty fun too.

yeah, 8-12-04 was my last show ever.
i know you did Coventry..i get what you're saying.

the June shows were pretty good.
i love the second set from the 20th, as well as the 25th, although the first set from the 25th is kinda sloppy.
by kinda, i mean it is.
brooklyn was fun, i'm glad i was there to rep.
a

gainesvillegreen

6/19 gets another vote.  And I'll throw in a vote for 6/25.

whyweigh5.0

I haven't listened to any recordings.  But I know I enjoyed the 1st night at Deer Creek and the 2nd night of Great Woods.
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

westcider

6/26/04 II (my last hurrah) is pretty damn good, though it took me a long time to get past the flubs in the dark section of Hood.

Wolfmansbrother

OlfactoryHue

6/19, 6/20, 8/12

i was at 8/12 so I am partial to that being my fav

relistened to 6/19 and 6/20 the other day and I favor 6/19
"What do you think you are, for Chrissake, crazy or somethin'? Well you're not! You're not! You're no crazier than the average asshole out walkin' around on the streets and that's it." Randle Patrick McMurphy

susep

16April> the Twist specifically

17-18
19-20 many highlights over these 4 shows

23>Scents
25June>set 2

The Mansfield show w/ Bag and BOAF.
14(ok first set)
15Aug.(Melt, decent 1st. set)

cactusfan

set II on 6/25 is my favorite set of '04.
set I 6/26.
the piper on 6/19 makes the whole show worth it.
set II 6/20 is good, but not as good as it thinks it is.

there are good songs from august, but not really any great sets.

sophist

06/19/04 Set II (piper!!!!!!!!!!)
06/20/04 Set II (get it for the ghost alone)
06/24/04 whole show
06/26/04 Set II

08/10/04 whole show
08/11/04 whole show

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Bobafett

i don't think i have heard any of the 04 shows and my best friend saw em all...he never really talks about that tour...hmmmmm...i did see a few 03 shows and i really liked a jam of walls of the cave in which i felt like the jam was supposed to sound like we were in a cave...i think ck5 and the lsd may have helped my perception on that one!  Also scents and subtle sounds had a chance, but cest la vie
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.