News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

best '04 shows?

Started by phud418, February 08, 2007, 08:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OctopusRider

I just asked about PH a few weeks ago in a thread and got some great recommendations. For '04 I got the SPAC shows 6/19 and 6/20. Both are great IMO and are worth getting from LP. Everyone has different opinions of what's good of course but I have to say that these are very interesting shows.

:phish:

xanadux3

The Brooklyn shows were intimate around 7 thousand and I felt privilaged to be there, got my only camel walk  and my only kung The divided sky encore the first nite was amazing and unexpected.  I didnt make it to SPAC but those shows are prob the strongest of the tour IMHO
deer creek 04 was a good time, The Crosseyed and Painless was insane and the tube the following night was great!
The Camden show right b4 conventry was good but to some a let down because they thought they would let it all hang out for the last official two set Phish show. I skipped the second nite of camden in 03 to get to IT early and regret it to this day, The boys rewarded those who stayed with an amazing show.
and shocked and persuaded my soul to ignite

Caravan2001

I saw every '04 show except Great Woods.....Brooklyn was fun, cause that was a hometown show and I love the Cyclones/Keyspan/Coney anyway, so even if the shows blew, I would have had fun.  They were pretty good, but a little uneven.  Hampton was dog shit on a shoe.  Camden had some great spots, so did SPAC, both were fun though, but neither raged.  Vegas '04 was suck in my opinion.  I really like the Alpine shows, especially the 25th.  My fave shows of  '04 would be Alpine and Brooklyn, but most shows (except Hampton and Vegas) had something to offer, even Coventry (not the first night, that's the all-time worst....)  Just my opinion though.....

woodsyn2o

well i did this whole tour and by far for me was 8/10. it was like i jumped back in time to 1994. 8/11 wasent bad i liked it.

peace
woodsy

mattstick

I saw every '04 show... the best was definitely from June, not August.

So... maybe one of the Alpine shows?  Tough call for sure.

sls.stormyrider

another vote for 6/19, also a weaker vote for 6/26
was at 8/10, 11. I like 8/10 a lot more to listen to now, although 8/11 was more fun to be at.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

tet

i did Vegas, Brooklyn, SPAC, and Camden (and made it to about 25 miles from Coventry when the State Police turned us around on the highway...)

of those, i'd suggest, in order:

6/19
6/20
8/12
6/18
6/17
4/15-17
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Wolfmansbrother

from what i've heard from '04 i would suggest:

6-17: Curtain With, Moma Dance> Free,46 Days> Possum>Oh Kee Pah> Suzy Greenberg
6-18: Tweezer, Taste, Chalkdust Torture
6-19: Reba, PIPER!!!!!!!, Limb By Limb
6-20: Drowned>Saratoga Jam, Ghost>Twist
8-13: Coventry Soundcheck!!!! <---that shit is great  :banana:
HEADPHONES JAM (highly suggested)

sophist

*WARNING* 06/19 REBA contains an enormous amount of compositional flubs
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Wolfmansbrother

Quote from: phan003 on February 15, 2007, 11:08:22 AM
*WARNING* 06/19 REBA contains an enormous amount of compositional flubs

yes. unfortunately as most of '04 composed songs do....however, any true reba fan knows its all about the JAM  :mrgreen:

sophist

Which is why all Reba's follow the same jam format  :wink:
Its about the composition, like many of the early Fugue songs.  A song like Ghost, DWD, Twist, etc are about the jam or jams, they were meant to be jammed.   

They might as well skip the composition if it doesn't matter, and just play the jam  :roll:

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

sophist

I'll add that I'm a stickler for the compositinal material, I love to hear it played correctly, since some of it is very difficult to perform correctly. 

Wolfmansbrother

Quote from: phan003 on February 15, 2007, 11:33:22 AM
I'll add that I'm a stickler for the compositinal material, I love to hear it played correctly, since some of it is very difficult to perform correctly. 

yes me too, but i must say that a sloppy composed reba can be saved by an incredible jam

Hicks

Quote from: Wolfmansbrother on February 15, 2007, 12:26:23 PM
yes me too, but i must say that a sloppy composed reba can be saved by an incredible jam

word, Coventry Reba falls into this category for me.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mattstick

While the first 8 minutes is almost unlistenable, the Miami NYE Reba is pure magic after the composed section.