News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Old Crow vs. Avett Brothers

Started by gimmetela, February 11, 2007, 02:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gimmetela

so, OCMS is currently touring and apparently there is a huge rivalry between them and the Avett Bros.  did anyone else know about this? (or care?)  my friend went to see them in galax, va friday night and the band said something rather harsh about them, something about the avetts having no talent whatever.

i find this unprofessional as hell, but really effin funny.  both bands will be playing merlefest...this should get interesting...

i wonder if phish and wsp ever trashed each other--i know the die hard fans did  i like both bands in the OCMS/AB rivalry.  don't like WSP.  (effin hated the tee shirts that said, "sorry about your band.")

thoughts?

in any case, i think i'd take OCMS in a match, see below.

nab

Thanks for the heads up on the OCMS tour, too bad they won't be coming anywhere near here.  I've never heard the Avett Bros, any good suggestions?  I've never come across an instance of WSP and Phish bashing each other and I doubt they would considering how each helped each other so much in the begging of their wider touring careers; Phish by allowing WSP to open for them in the Northeast and WSP by letting Phish open for them in the Southeast.   

Edit: I've never understood the rivalry, but, I sure have a good time giving my buddy, a huge WSP fan, a hard time every now and then.  For the record, I don't really like WSP.  My dislike stems from the vocals mainly, although I haven't heard enough WSP to really get beyond that.  They sounded good at the bar once when I was trashed. :evil:

sophist

I dig panic (especially with Herring as the guitarist).

Nab's post was right on the money.  Well said.
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

gimmetela

Quote from: nab on February 11, 2007, 06:05:13 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the OCMS tour, too bad they won't be coming anywhere near here.  I've never heard the Avett Bros, any good suggestions? 

yeah, listen to their song, The Offering.   PM me your email addy and i will sendspace it to ya.  I can't help but to cry everytime i hear it.  that, and Dear Prudence, gets me everytime.