News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Wiki news

Started by jephrey, February 22, 2007, 12:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jephrey

Hey all...

1.  The Main Page has been updated to show the changes that I've been working on and to make it a better launch point.

2.  1983 and 1984 are almost entirely complete, we just need to get other songs in there and a couple venues.  Their year pages are DONE!

3.  85 and 86 are in progress, and I made a couple entries and corrections.

4.  I completed 2004 as far as setlists go, so 1983/1984/1998/1999/2000 are also complete in that regard

5.  I have been entering songs (about 3 a day) and just picking which songs to enter by going through the 2000 setlists and finding a song that hasn't been entered yet.

6.  I updated the stats section of the year pages as it wasn't showing correctly.

Moving forward, I usually say I'm going to do something, so I won't this time.  I'll just go into the wiki and work on what I think needs to be worked on.

I hope you all can help, mostly in the "other pages" realm, like a page about the dude of life or chris kuroda or whoever else as well as venues and other pages like those.  I think the Videos and SBDs pages need to be worked on as well.

So, come on and do it...  Do it now!  This thing is shaping up nicely.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jephrey

Did a bunch more 2003 shows.  I should have that year finished soon.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jephrey

I ran over 2003 and I think it's done...  I never updated anything, so I went in and modified the front page today.  So...

1998 thru PH is done as far as setlist entry goes.

I worked on 1997 today, and got all of Europe I in.  There's not a ton more from 1997 to do.  I got lucky today with a chance to enter these.  I haven't had a lot of time lately, and have been on somewhat of a short hiatus.  I can't say I'm hyped up about the project, but I am making an effort to put more in.  Will anyone else help?  We have 5 years from the 80s (1985-1989) to do, which won't be too bad because there's not a load of shows.  We also have 1991-1996 which will be more of a task because of the sheer volume of the shows played in those years.

For songs, I am working on other things at home so the songs aren't going in fast at all.  Nor have I gotten any requests for the excel VB thingy I made for that, as well as the word one I made for seltlists.  I am most likely the onlly one doing this.  However, it's not that bad.  My prog makes it somewhat easy, and I just need to find the time to do it.  After I finish 1997, more songs, and maybe I'll do 1985 and another year in there, we should make the "NOW OPEN" announcement again.  With a larger amount of info already there, I think people will be more likely to actually use it as a resource and to question things as well.  Hopefully we'll get a couple people rekindled on their input efforts.

J

jephrey

Anyone read this...  Ever?

Anyone want to help a bit? 

I put more 1997 setlists in today and am near finishing 97.  Only 10 more EU II shows and a bunch from the summer.  If my equipment is in use in the lab, I'll be back at my desk for a bunch more today.  I'd really like it if we could at least get close to polishing off the setlists, or should I say, "If I could get close..." .  This seems to be the meat of the wiki.  After that, maybe others will try to add the more detailed info.

J

sophist

I do.  I did some work last week.  I wrote essays for 2003, and 1997, and maybe one more. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

jephrey

Nice, I noticed the 97 one today, but wasn't paying attention so I didn't know how long ago it got put in.  Just knowing that one other person is entering stuff is good.  I'll do more setlists right now.

J

jedifunk

i read it, but alas dont contribute anymore... i know, i'm an ass...

but i follow the progress, and have TRIED to use the wiki several times, but said info was not entered yet :roll:
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

Well, you kinda backed out anyhow so I wasn't expecting anything. 

I finished EU II 1997, now just have to do summer minus a few shows that are in already.

Every once in a while, I get on a big kick.  I don't know if this one will last, but it'll only be a few more episodes, and the setlists will be shaping up nicely.  We've got well over half as far as years go.  I'm also noticing that most songs are coming up blue, which means that over half of them are in (or at least half of the songs that are played a lot).

We'll get there.  as with everything, it's a matter of time.

J