News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

New stuff is live.
Played a mess of the campaign tonight.  Pretty fun.

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

nab

Looking to get into SWBF2 soon.  My kids can't wait. 

I've been playing through my second play through of TW3 and plan to do my second play through of Assassin's Creed Origins after that, so it's RPG for me right now.  Nice change of pace after a tear on Battlefield One for quite a spell.  Bought the Premium Pass during the last sale, so I will probably be back at that one soon too, try out the Russia maps I don't know yet and the Turning Tides out this month.  I absolutely suck at multi-player FPS, but still have fun anyway.  Probably a thread out there on Reddit complaining about my play style.

rowjimmy

VA $l!m

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 18, 2017, 10:33:49 AM
Quote from: VA $l!m on December 16, 2017, 04:38:35 PM

Sick.
I definitely never live that long.
lol, yeah, the funny part is since i play a ton of shooters i'm pretty good at going on killstreaks and getting aton of battlepoints to get heroes, but then the real trick is learning how to survive as heroes while still maximizing their impact. Often as soon as i get a hero i continue to play as sgressive as i do with troopers and i'll die instantly.

It's a real tightrope to walk as a hero in Galactic aSSault... You want to punish the enemy team but not overextend and get focused by too many troopers.
The key i think is really to use your own troopers as a buffer and to cover your flanks, then try to burst through some quick kills and then back off a bit.
If you can only lose a small amount of health each time you engage it will regenerate, but once you cross certain thresholds you cant recover that health outside of a few skills for certain heros.
Any hero that has one of those cards i will usually have it equiped.  Bossk is the best at staying alive with. not only can he stay at range and snipe but he also can fully regnerate health just by standing in his own poison gas if you have the right card equiped.
In general with heros i also try to counter the enemy team's heroes as much as posssible. If i engage one of them and win the fight i figure i've gotten my battlepoints worth.

rowjimmy

Quote from: VA $l!m on December 18, 2017, 04:30:47 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on December 18, 2017, 10:33:49 AM
Quote from: VA $l!m on December 16, 2017, 04:38:35 PM

Sick.
I definitely never live that long.
lol, yeah, the funny part is since i play a ton of shooters i'm pretty good at going on killstreaks and getting aton of battlepoints to get heroes, but then the real trick is learning how to survive as heroes while still maximizing their impact. Often as soon as i get a hero i continue to play as sgressive as i do with troopers and i'll die instantly.

It's a real tightrope to walk as a hero in Galactic aSSault... You want to punish the enemy team but not overextend and get focused by too many troopers.
The key i think is really to use your own troopers as a buffer and to cover your flanks, then try to burst through some quick kills and then back off a bit.
If you can only lose a small amount of health each time you engage it will regenerate, but once you cross certain thresholds you cant recover that health outside of a few skills for certain heros.
Any hero that has one of those cards i will usually have it equiped.  Bossk is the best at staying alive with. not only can he stay at range and snipe but he also can fully regnerate health just by standing in his own poison gas if you have the right card equiped.
In general with heros i also try to counter the enemy team's heroes as much as posssible. If i engage one of them and win the fight i figure i've gotten my battlepoints worth.

Yeah, I'm up against it as an almost total newb in this style of play. Trying to develop patience and work with my team vs the urge to charge in and immediately wasted. If I had more time, I'd be further along but I'll get there.

VA $l!m

Well, the holiday gaming season got me again thsi year. Too many great sales as usual on psn all month i finally had to grab something.
I decided to try and go outside my comfort zone as i have really been in a MP only rut for a long time.
of course this means i'm prb just adding another SP game to my back catalog of sp games i never really play, lol, but there were a couple that really stood out and i wanted to try.
Mostly i'm still waiting for news on the next TERA beta stage, and it being in the KOrean action rpg tradition i started jonesing for some more eastern games.

ended up grabbing PErsona 5, on sale this week. which by all accounts is an amazing game.
i also really want to grab Nier automata next time its on sale. i think i missed it a week or two ago, but played the demo once. its really might be the hidden gem masterpiece of this generation if you havent heard of it i highly recommned checking it out.

VA $l!m

Really enjoying Bossk in Galactic Assult recently.,
here's a nice run where i actually took down 5 heroes during a 25 killstreak. Rey before the clip started, then barely got Luke, but killed 3 different Yodas., lol.

VA $l!m

craziest SWB2 clip yet:  Boba Fett Roadkilled by an A wing mid flight.

gainesvillegreen

Nier: Automata is making the best game of the year lists all over the place.
I've watched some streams of people playing it, and while concept seems interesting (5 different endings, weird sexual references, etc...), JRPG's just aren't my thing.
Looks a pretty game though.

Persona 5 also seems to be held in high regard in various circles who rate these things.

After playing with the One S over the last 5-6 weeks, I "caved" and upgraded to an X during the Christmas period. For those who say they can't tell the difference between the S and the X on a 4K screen, I say they are full of shit. Perhaps not between the Pro and X, I can see that as it would take stress tests in some cases to bring out the differences (like Digital Foundry has), but it is a remarkable upgrade. Forza 7, for instance, is like a completely different game. And it was already a good looking game. Wolfenstein II (I tried it again under different circumstances and am enjoying it now) is likely the most beautiful game I've seen yet in terms of detail.

I have Horizon Zero Dawn ready to go after I finish The Last Of Us.

All in all, it seems like a really good year for video games, spoilt for choice. Lots to look forward to in 2018 as well assuming they actually release then....
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

emay

Nier: Automata seems like a game thats up my alley I will have to check that out.

VA $l!m

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on December 28, 2017, 03:52:32 PM
Nier: Automata is making the best game of the year lists all over the place.
I've watched some streams of people playing it, and while concept seems interesting (5 different endings, weird sexual references, etc...), JRPG's just aren't my thing.

you know, it's funny i really avoided JRPGs forever now.
mostly going back to after FFVII memories and not being into turn based combat games.
Generally over the last decade i've preferred western rpgs and more importantly action combat rpgs.
Though over the last year or so i started noticing almost every single player rpg i had played in recent memory was shooter based... let alone all MP shooters i play.
This has had me started looking out for more fantasy combat rpgs, along with my mmo friends who we are all looking for more action combat mmos- non tab targeted.
...and so i've started to realize japan and korea are really the ones pushing the action combat (non shooter) rpg genre.
Korea especailly has a ton of mmos focused on action combat being churned out these days, and seemingly more and more of  single playerJRPGs are action combat, not turn based.
Was checking out this upcoming jrpg today- the combat looks fantastic and very 'mmo-y' even tho its a SP game.

and then ive been obsessed for awhile with mmos like BDO from Korea... i really need to get a pc, lol, tho it is coming to console eventually.

rowjimmy

With the family away, I've lodged a ton of time on Battlefront. Finally starting to get some things done before I die and some of it even scores me points.

You know what I love? Flying bombers.
My assault and heavy trooper play is getting better, too.

Emmet got ReCore for Christmas. I played a little of it... Not sure I care for or about it.

Tomapella

If any of you all are a fan of Metroid-style games, I highly recommend checking out Hollow Knight. It's going for 10 bucks on Steam right now and it's the best game in that genre I've played in years. 8 hours in right now and it might be my game of the year.

VA $l!m

sweet little kllstreak with assault  1st spawn Endor... DOuble kill while blinded to finish it off  :-o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTSzbPeKb3E&lc=z23gefg4bxjwgvqsjacdp433rozvolqiq3wc2wjd2yxw03c010c