News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

phish newbie

Started by djk, May 13, 2007, 07:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djk

A buddy of mine has given me some phish shows over the years and I have a few lp releases. I have just recently begun to dive into phish. I am enjoying this band more and more as time goes on. I am burnerless and am trying to pick up some phish shows. I'm not real picky but I don't have much to trade. I do have some doubles of some dead shows like 4-16-78. I have hundreds of dead, but don't have a burner. I am willing to B&P, that is how I've acquired most of my dead. Would love to get more phish if possible. I've been looking for a place to get more phish since my good friend moved and his burner is down as well. I appreciate your time.

canpafe

Hey man,

I am long LONG time Phish fan, and I have lots and lots of music for you.  I am a bit of a "bit torrent" and "online-downloading" moron, but I can learn.  I also have about 500 tapes that I am looking to unload and update.

Feel free to contact me anytime, and I'll do whatever I can for you.

I absolutely love Phish's music.  In fact, I am about a year away from a doctorate in saxophone performance, and I attribute so much of my musical motivation to Phish.  So, I love to spread their music to anyone willing to listen.

Take care

VA $l!m

Quote from: djk on May 13, 2007, 07:40:23 PM
A buddy of mine has given me some phish shows over the years and I have a few lp releases. I have just recently begun to dive into phish. I am enjoying this band more and more as time goes on. I am burnerless and am trying to pick up some phish shows. I'm not real picky but I don't have much to trade. I do have some doubles of some dead shows like 4-16-78. I have hundreds of dead, but don't have a burner. I am willing to B&P, that is how I've acquired most of my dead. Would love to get more phish if possible. I've been looking for a place to get more phish since my good friend moved and his burner is down as well. I appreciate your time.

we'll work somethin out right WEEK4paugers?!?!

if no-one rsponds here, try also posting in the old school traders forum...... since you dont have a burner, that also might be the place to browse threads for trading through the mail offers........

personally i'm headed on vacay and have a ton of burning to do before i leave, so i'm tied up...

but if your still looking in a month when i get back, i'll hit you up with some freebies  

stick around and check the oldschool forum like i mentioned and you'll find somethin'.

peace.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

newplanet7

What you really need is a dvd burner, so we can send you the original shns/flacs. That way each one of can send you a bunch of shows in shn/flac form on dvd data discs. If you get a dvd burner I will send you 1997. If you don't you'll be kicking yourself later. To have the original file sets is the way to go.

I will however send a couple of shows to you pre-burned audio. Throw down you're addy.
Quote from: phan003 on June 16, 2007, 01:41:44 PM
Funny would be applying super glue to your nuts and putting said nuts on her face.  Talk about "seeing the light" and remaining faithful to the indigo girls manifesto.  :wink: 

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 16, 2007, 10:33:26 PM
There's more airbrush on that shot than on a Peterbilt with a flame job.
:lol:

"Gus Johnson Got the key"

khanti

:beers:

same.

You need to see about getting a DVD burner! I love snail mail trades of SHN/FLAC DVDs as they are a quick way to get a lot of shows without all that tedious mucking about in hyperspace ... ummm I mean CYBERspace....

In the mean time, though, feel free to check out my list at http://db.etree.org/khanti. If you see a show or two that you'd like, send me your address via PM and I'll be happy to set you up.

Like wise, if you're looking for recommendations for shows, check out the 'General Discussion' forum. Always good discussions about the relative merits (or lack thereof) of specific shows out there.
QuoteThose Smallmouth are great on a flyrod. They're not all finicky like Trout. Trout are English and Bass are Polish.
-Greg Brown "Eugene"

sophist

Quote from: djk on May 14, 2007, 03:59:44 PM
I have appreciated the suggestions thus far. I do need to get me a dvd burner. Heres my addy
removed content
Thanks for the offers. Anything to add to my Phish collection is much appreciated.
not a good idea.  This is an invitation to identity fraud.  please remove asap. 

edit to add: only share address info via PM.
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Bobafett

They have Cd's in Utah?    damn Mississippi is way behind!  Yeah, for your addy, use the personal messaging system here...click on someones name, scroll down to "send personal message" and there you have it.  You gots the best resource a phish noob could need right here on the 'paug, so welcome, and the tunes will be there shortly!    Now if you would just post that ssn.......................just kiddin' :-P
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

August

Quote from: phan003 on May 14, 2007, 04:02:31 PM
not a good idea.  This is an invitation to identity fraud.  please remove asap. 

edit to add: only share address info via PM.

Good thing you quoted it.

::writes address down and sends fucked up shit::

a

sophist

Quote from: Bobafett on May 14, 2007, 04:10:36 PM
They have Cd's in Utah?    damn Mississippi is way behind!  Yeah, for your addy, use the personal messaging system here...click on someones name, scroll down to "send personal message" and there you have it.  You gots the best resource a phish noob could need right here on the 'paug, so welcome, and the tunes will be there shortly!    Now if you would just post that ssn.......................just kiddin' :-P
I was hoping for a Visa # and a digital black book which contains the numbers of single Mormon chicks.   :-P
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

sophist

Quote from: August on May 14, 2007, 04:12:56 PM
Good thing you quoted it.

::writes address down and sends fucked up shit::

a
or did I  :wink:

djk

My bad, I guess I've been stuck in the Mountains of Utah too long, I do know better than that. That's not my real addy anyhow. Thanks for the tip

sophist

no problem.  You'll get hooked up with some shows eventually. 

disco

this type of trading can be done and set up through the Old School Traders Section and Personal Messaging. Please use those from here on for this trade  :beers:
..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..