News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Homerun Derby/Allstar game

Started by antelope19, July 09, 2007, 09:57:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Anyone gonna watch the Homerun derby tonight or the All star game?  Go B Rob!  (Our only rep from the O's this year)
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mattstick

I'll be watching.

Alex Rios is our only entry, but at least he's in the derby.

Here's my dream game - the NL scrape together 2 runs off Josh Beckett early but AL gets a pinch-hit grand slam from Alex Rios in the 5th.  Papelbon comes in in the 9th to save it out and gets rocked for a 3-run HR by Brian McCann.  NL wins, McCann is MVP.

antelope19

Is rios a starter?  I don't think roberts is.  :|

mattstick

Fuck no - I don't think there has been a Blue Jays position player all-star game starter since the World Series years.  Maybe Delgado in the early 2000s but I don't think so.  I don't even think Rios will fare very well in the Derby but I'm optimistic.

August

Reyes will steal 3rd 5 times.
Mark my words.

a

mattstick

That, or he won't run out a ground ball 4 times.

antelope19

Quote from: mattstick on July 09, 2007, 10:12:05 AM
That, or he won't run out a ground ball 4 times.

yup, reyes won't even reach base   :wink: :-P

August

mattstick

It's nice to have a few days off from Fantasy Baseball!   :-D

August

Quote from: mattstick on July 09, 2007, 10:15:21 AM
It's nice to have a few days off from Fantasy Baseball!   :-D

Very true.
Remember when Birdman was flapping his beak two weeks ago about being in second?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

a

mattstick

I've got second place on lockdown.  Be prepared for me to sweep you when we get back August!

August

Quote from: mattstick on July 09, 2007, 10:18:49 AM
I've got second place on lockdown.  Be prepared for me to sweep you when we get back August!

Pfft....
Maybe the six week4paug guys want to make it interesting for the rest of the season....
a

mattstick

Nobody is gonna catch Kerrigan at this rate - but second place gets you a bye in the first round of the playoffs, which would be nice.

August

Quote from: mattstick on July 09, 2007, 10:21:30 AM
Nobody is gonna catch Kerrigan at this rate - but second place gets you a bye in the first round of the playoffs, which would be nice.

Right.
We can do something small for whomever finishes first after regular season out of the six of us.
If there is interest.
a

alcoholandcoffeebeans

i'll be watching the allstar game. :-)

got a home town kid on the team...

bwebb of the d-backs.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫