News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Frank Zappa

Started by bluecaravan521, September 01, 2007, 11:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

Mega-bump... New Zappa video release coming. Didn't think it deserved it's own thread...

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/118387/Frank-Zappa-A-Token-of-His-Extreme-Out-On-DVD-June-4

QuoteEagle Rock Entertainment and the Zappa Family Trust are pleased to announce the first official release of A Token of His Extreme, an original program created by Frank Zappa for TV [Pre-book Order Date May 10, MSRP $14.98].

Recorded on August 27, 1974 at KCET in Hollywood, A Token of His Extreme features Frank Zappa with five incredibly talented band members for this extravaganza of live music. The line-up exists of Frank Zappa-guitar, percussion, vocals; George Duke-keyboards, finger cymbals, tambourine, vocals; Napoleon Murphy Brock-sax, vocals; Ruth Underwood-percussion; Tom Fowler-bass; Chester Thompson-drums.

The Program, as edited and thoroughly tweezed & produced by FZ for Honker Home Video includes these delights: The Dog Breath Variations/ Uncle Meat, Montana, Florentine Pogen, Stink-Foot, Pygmy Twylyte, Room Service, Inca Roads, Oh No, Son Of Orange County, More Trouble Every Day, A Token Of My Extreme.

Stereo Mixes Produced by Frank Zappa with Kerry McNabb at Paramount Studios, 1974. Mastered by Bob Ludwig, Gateway Mastering, 2009

FZ: "This was put together with my own money and my own time and it's been offered to television networks and to syndication and it has been steadfastly rejected by the American television industry. It has been shown in primetime in France and Switzerland, with marvelous results. It's probably one of the finest pieces of video work that any human being has ever done. I did it myself. And the animation that you're gonna see in this was done by a guy named Bruce Bickford, and I hope he is watching the show, because it's probably the first time that a lot of people in America got a chance to see it." - FZ appearing on the Mike Douglas Show, 1976

Because Token has never been commercially released until now, it is one of the most sought after Frank Zappa programs.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

khalpin

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

twatts

Total cock with a total bitch wife...  yet the music is so brilliant! 

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

westcider

is that the show from Dub Room Special? if so I am excited but I hope you can turn off the audio they added with the Bickford stuff.  it really f'ed up the solo to Inca Roads

mopper_smurf

Official vids for "Token":

Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Buffalo Budd

This is nuts...

QuoteFrank Zappa - Back On The Road: The Hologram Tour

http://www.zappa.com/news/frank-zappa-back-road-hologram-tour
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Caravan2001

westcider

did Ahmet really suggest Dweezil being a part of this?  that is seriously fucked up.

Caravan2001

Quote from: westcider on September 21, 2017, 07:32:56 PM
did Ahmet really suggest Dweezil being a part of this?  that is seriously fucked up.

Dweez had a pretty good reply to that on the Twitters

mistercharlie

Has anyone else listened through the recently released Hot Rats Sessions?

I've been making my way through it today during a slow day at the office and there is some pretty damn good shit on it. The first disc is like listening to the construction of Peaches and it's GREAT!

If you have Prime Music it's on there to listen to.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mopper_smurf

Quote from: mistercharlie on December 27, 2019, 01:38:38 PM
Has anyone else listened through the recently released Hot Rats Sessions?

I've been making my way through it today during a slow day at the office and there is some pretty damn good shit on it. The first disc is like listening to the construction of Peaches and it's GREAT!

If you have Prime Music it's on there to listen to.

It's on my to do list.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

VDB

Is this still Wombat?