News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Has anyone heard...

Started by alcoholandcoffeebeans, October 18, 2007, 05:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alcoholandcoffeebeans

about the whole Colbert running in the primary's/write him in thing?

fill me in.

my friend just emailed me and asked...

joke or no?
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

rowjimmy

Not really.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/14/opinion/14dowd.html

http://www.indecision2008.com/blog.jhtml?c=v&m=88755

Colbert's thing is comedy. He would not seriously wish to undermine the election.

bluecaravan521

well all I can say is that the next year is going to be hilarious on the show, can't wait to see how his candidacy effects it.  :-o
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best...

metalzone58

rowjimmy

He's not a choice. He's a satirist. He's driving a point home about Fred Thompson's ridiculous campaign.

sophist

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 19, 2007, 08:11:08 AM
He's not a choice. He's a satirist. He's driving a point home about Fred Thompson's ridiculous campaign.
yep.  I'll add it is a great rip on Fred. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

rowjimmy

[youtube=425,350][/youtube]
:wink:

antelope19

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 18, 2007, 07:59:06 PM

He would not seriously wish to undermine the election.

Is Nader running again this time?  :-P :wink:
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

antelope19

Actually, that just reminded me.  My GF went to this seminar a few weekends back in DC about building with renewable resources and many, many other "Green" topics (I think may have even been called Green Festival) where Nader was the Keynote speaker.  Apparently, he had an open question/answer session and someone had the balls to ask him straight up, and I quote, "How does it feel, Mr. Nader, to be fully responsible for the war in Iraq?"   :-o  Keep in mind this is in front of a rather large crowd.  I was not in attendance, but my GF said it was a little awkward from there on out. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

redrum

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.