News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Star Wars

Started by redrum, December 30, 2007, 05:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

Quote from: birdman on December 19, 2017, 10:05:40 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on December 19, 2017, 08:39:01 PM
Saw the newest Star War today. It was good. I can't geek out on it like some of you folks, but it was good. Will see the next in the series with similar mild interest.
stfu pieguy

Ftr, I've never seen Empire Strikes Back.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

Quote from: PIE-GUY on December 20, 2017, 01:03:47 AM
Saw the newest Star War today. It was good. I can't geek out on it like some of you folks, but it was good. Will see the next in the series with similar mild interest.
stfu pieguy

GTFO

Hicks

stfu pieguy

How did you not see it when it came out?

You should have been taken from your parents and placed in Child Protective Services. They would've done the right thing. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mistercharlie

stfu pieguy

:-o

That's the best one of them all!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VA $l!m

just replaying randomly to this thread without looking at ANYTHING,lol, --just wanted to say its so friggin hard to avoid spoilers for last jedi movie in this day and age. omg i have to surf the web with blinders on!! hope i can see the movie soon just so i can open my eyes again. 8-)
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

tet

Quote from: VA $l!m on December 23, 2017, 06:07:15 PM
just replaying randomly to this thread without looking at ANYTHING,lol, --just wanted to say its so friggin hard to avoid spoilers for last jedi movie in this day and age. omg i have to surf the web with blinders on!! hope i can see the movie soon just so i can open my eyes again. 8-)

yeah i was super careful too, but was getting increasingly difficult so finally downloaded a pretty decent copy online and watched one night, so now at least i can browse without fear.  i don't recommend doing what i did though - the theater experience is always the way to go, beyond just the visual and audio improvements!!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

VA $l!m

been rewatching the CLone Wars series since i got my netflix back.
never even got to the end of the series and havent seen the 'lost' 6th season.
this show is amazing. really amazingly good.

i wish they'd make an Ahsoka movie.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Hicks

I wrote a Star Wars thing if you are looking to kill a few minutes at work today:

https://www.aperionaudio.com/blog/the-top-5-star-wars-character-movies-wed-like-to-see

Enjoy!
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VDB

Quote from: Hicks on February 02, 2018, 02:51:02 PM
I wrote a Star Wars thing if you are looking to kill a few minutes at work today:

https://www.aperionaudio.com/blog/the-top-5-star-wars-character-movies-wed-like-to-see

Enjoy!

Very nice. I sure hope you got to write that on the clock.
Is this still Wombat?

Hicks

Quote from: VDB on February 02, 2018, 03:11:05 PM
Quote from: Hicks on February 02, 2018, 02:51:02 PM

Enjoy!

Very nice. I sure hope you got to write that on the clock.

Thanks man, and yes, they actually pay me for this stuff! 

VDB

So this got me to thinking.

Top five worst character movie ideas?

5. Baby Greedo
4. Dexster Jettster
3. The microphone-mouthed medical robot from ESB
2. "Where are you taking that ... thing?" guy
1. Nute Gunray

Perhaps you were expecting "Jar Jar Binks: The Motion Picture" would be a lock for the top spot.
But c'mon. You'd watch it.
Is this still Wombat?

Hicks

Well just to be clear, not all of those choices were really what I would pick for the best movie. I chose Droopy McCool because I wanted to highlight his ridiculous name. And I threw Maz Kanata in there because I wanted all three trilogies to be represented.

Anyway, five worst characters in the Star Wars universe?

Ok, let's go. 

5. Adm. Ozzel

Just a complete loser, how did this schmuck ever get to be an admiral in the first place?

4. Count Dooku

Only good thing about this character is that he was played by the great Christopher Lee, and he's dead.

3. Ki Adi Mundi

Worst ponytail ever.

2. Power Droid

Ok this one is really obscure, so I'll link it up. But basically it's just a little person with a storage bin over their head.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Power_droid

Best part?  They actually made a figure of it:

1. That lady in the library that says "If an item does not appear in our records, it does not exist!" 

I mean seriously, fuck that lady. 

antelope19

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

VDB

Heh, I always loved the dumb walking trashcan.
Is this still Wombat?