News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

ISO: Billy Breathes

First RSD I won't be able to attend in 5 years. Stuck at home with the kids as solo dad this weekend.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

tet

Any sources online for Billy Breathes?
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

mopper_smurf

Quote from: tet on April 21, 2018, 09:15:00 AM

Nope, not counting the EBay assholes.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Caravan2001

Quote from: tet on April 21, 2018, 09:15:00 AM

Probably have to wait until Monday. Bullmoose usually has some extras. Sometimes brookvale too.

Caravan2001

Couldn't get here until 25 minutes before opening. At least 50 people in front of me. Ugh.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Caravan2001 on April 21, 2018, 12:59:08 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on April 19, 2018, 12:53:32 PM
:frustrated:  This almost/really belongs in the 'Today I Hate' thread, but it has more of an impact here... Our AC blew-out and is being replaced today. $3500 really puts a HUGE dent in my funds for RSD.  Looks like I'll settle for the Billy Breathes that will come out later and I'll just have to stick with my OG Run For The Roses instead of grabbing the pretty damned cool looking version that being released on RSD.  :shakehead:

On the plus side at least the AC went out the first time we tried using it in the spring instead of going out in the midst of the coming 100o summer we have coming.

Ugh dude.  That sucks.  If there is something you want but can't get, let me know.  I still owe you one.

If you can get the Arcade Fire, that would be awesome! That's the only one other than the Phish and Garcia I was going to try for today.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

Well, my B.B. copy is scratched already... and my record player is broken... I think I forgot this album closes with Fuckerpants. I kicked the turntable when it started... I have anger issues.

Kidding, of course. But I did gently lift the needle at the start of Fuckerpants.... because fuck that song in the fucking face.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

Copped the GD '69, Billy's Breathes, & Allman Bros LPs.
Also got the Hendrix Mannish Boy & FLips 7"s.

Waited on line for two hours until the shop opened at 8:58.
Walked out at 9:06.

Caravan2001

It got a little hectic because the place I go only gets one or two of everything but I got B.B., GD, JGB, Floyd and Monk. The only thing they had that I didn't get to in time was Van Morrison. All in all it was successful.  Got in line at 6:35, I was out at 7:10. All the other stores are opening now but I can't go. Might do a second sweep tomorrow. Can't even listen to anything until tomorrow either :-(

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 21, 2018, 10:52:34 AM

Is the FLips 7" the beer-filled vinyl that I saw Dogfishhead advertising?
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mbw

Scored Jer and Billy.
Can't wait to blast Capian.
Definitely their strongest album closer.

shoreline99

Got Phish, GD Fillmore Box, Allmans, Chuck Berry's Greatest Hits, Led Zep single. My daughter grabbed a decent bunch of stuff too, including the Courtney Barnett EP's.

Record store line was crazy today. Didn't get the Cash box set, might try to hit Newbury Comics later.

Scored the Hendrix 7”, the Van Morrison and the Rage at Newbury. They also had the CRB set, but my wallet is busted.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 21, 2018, 11:04:20 AM

It's not the beer-filled one. Honestly, I wouldn't buy that.

Quote from: mbw on April 21, 2018, 11:33:33 AM
Scored Jer and Billy.
Can't wait to blast Capian.
Definitely their strongest album closer.

I'm a big fan.

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 21, 2018, 12:18:57 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on April 21, 2018, 11:04:20 AM

It's not the beer-filled one. Honestly, I wouldn't buy that.

I think it's pretty gimmicky myself also. I'm imagining all the people buying it on discogs and ebay second-hand for crazy prices crying when they see it broke during shipping and now they just have a very sticky and empty 7".

antelope19

Scratch that.....was able to score both B.B. and the Jerry release at my local store just now.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment