News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

iPhone Thread

Started by mattstick, July 10, 2008, 04:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

Have you kids played on http://seeqpod.com ?

It's formatted for Safari on the iPhone and allows you to stream MP3s from thousands of artists, works well on 3G too.

jedifunk

pandora & last.fm iphone apps work really well too
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

tet

yup, big fan of those, along with AOL Radio (it has better clarity than i can get from the local radio stations thru my car's antenna).

Shazam is just awesome for anyone who hasn't played with that.  i was tagging shit from my records before, it was cool as hell!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

antelope19

From TUAW.com:

After a fourteen-month wait, the iPhone is finally coming to Vermont.

"But isn't Vermont a part of the US?" you ask. Well yes, but AT&T -- the iPhone's exclusive carrier in the US -- has no wireless coverage in the Green Mountain State, so the iPhone has never officially been made available. Some enterprising Vermonters have set up blogs and even gone underground with their jailbroken iPhones, but that's all about to change.

Earlier this week, Vermont's WCAX TV reported that area providers Verizon and Unicel have merged, and AT&T will be awarded overlapping service areas to prevent a wireless monopoly in Vermont.

The wait is almost over, Vermonters! Now you can enjoy standing in long lines like the rest of us.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

antelope19

With the Sept.9th date confirmed for the next Apple event, do you think they are going to address the nothing-but-negative reviews the IPHONE 3G is getting?  Think there will be a software update for it to allow better connectivity to the 3G network?  I've also heard rumors about an app that will allow "Lower power usage" to extend battery life.  Anyone esle care to make any predictions?

Mine is that they will be releasing a much larger capacity IPOD touch and the older ones will drop in price considerably. 

rowjimmy

jedifunk

it will not concern the iphone in any way
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

rowjimmy

Can I say this again?
Quote from: rowjimmy on September 03, 2008, 10:07:36 AM
Mac Mini update!!!

SER.
Bring BluRay to the macs from the top-down please...

mattstick

I wish there was some kind of PHP forums app... just log into your favorite forums and it makes searching/posting/reading a lot easier.

That button to show the last post of a topic is pretty small on the iPhone.

rowjimmy

Quote from: mattstick on September 04, 2008, 05:45:58 PM

I wish there was some kind of PHP forums app... just log into your favorite forums and it makes searching/posting/reading a lot easier.

That button to show the last post of a topic is pretty small on the iPhone.

Write one?

mattstick

hmmmmm. Can I write it in Basic?

tet

Objective C only, i believe. 

though if i could write one in LOGO, that would be cool.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

whyweigh5.0

I've had mine for almost a week now and just found out that my voicemail does not work.  I set up the greeting and password for it but it doesnt seem to be activated.  I called my phone from my house and tried to leave a voicemail and it said that there is no box for that number.  Do I have to call ATT to set it up or something?
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

antelope19

Remember all those people who camped out and waited in line at Apple stores to be among the first to snag an iPhone?

Well, that novelty and feeling of smug superiority might soon wear off if the rumors are true that Apple (AAPL, news, msgs) may sell its sleek smart phone at Wal-Mart Stores

I was surprised when I heard the buzz. Isn't Wal-Mart, the discount behemoth with more than 2,500 homogeneous big-box stores in the United States, the antithesis of everything the unique, design-focused Apple brand stands for?

Officials at Apple in Cupertino, Calif., were of no help in confirming the story, but that's to be expected. Apple spokesman Steve Dowling declined to comment.

Even so, it does appear that the company, and its service and distribution partner AT&T (T, news, msgs) will be selling the iPhone at Wal-Mart, possibly by the end of this month, analysts say.

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.