News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

iPhone Thread

Started by mattstick, July 10, 2008, 04:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flow00

Quote from: jephrey on June 17, 2009, 10:03:57 PM
3G S arrives tomorrow or Friday!!!  Please be early.  I can't wait, so much to check out.  I'm going from the old school 5G ipod and a shit-ass nextel (I've had the service for nearly 10 years with only a few low problem areas that always have been on my ride home from work)  I only got 2 brand new phones and have had 4 total.  This last one I have to talk on speaker it's so fukt.  Anyway, it's going to be strange to be able to do all I can do on that device. 

Phish and a new 3Gs in the next 4 days.  Looking mighty fine.

You'll be hooked up.  :beers:

gene

Quote from: jedifunk on June 17, 2009, 08:02:12 PM
is your phone bricked then?
nah my phone wasnt bricked, thankfully, i was reading about that happening to people. Wasnt sure if they were talking about purchased iphones today or past owners (like myself)
After i got out of work i tried installing the update again and it worked. Damn cluttered servers.

rowjimmy

QuoteLawmakers yesterday waded into a growing debate on whether the practice of locking in cellphones to exclusive contracts with only one carrier has led to higher prices and fewer choices for consumers and stifled competition in one of the economy's brightest spots -- the wireless industry.

The Senate Commerce Committee met ahead of Apple's debut tomorrow of its latest version of the iPhone. Critics say the company will once again irritate people who want the gadget but are not subscribers of the company's exclusive partner, AT&T. A similar fate awaits those who want the Palm Pre phone but don't subscribe to Sprint Nextel service, or the new phone running Google Android software and don't get T-Mobile service.

read on for more: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/17/AR2009061703546.html

jedifunk

:banana:

woot woot!  new 3GS up and running like a champ!  AT&T sucks balls, and made the process more difficult for me, but in the end all is well.

alpine is gonna rule with this new phone!
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

rowjimmy

Quote from: jedifunk on June 19, 2009, 10:41:56 AM

woot woot!  new 3GS up and running like a champ!  AT&T sucks balls, and made the process more difficult for me, but in the end all is well.

jeditube?
:wink:

jedifunk

what and kill my battery? ;)

maybe, if i decide to get stubbed down in the pavilion.

the phone is super fast compared to my original one... and i'm not even talking about the 3G, just the processor.  apps open way faster.

the video portion looks really great actually, and is fast and VERY easy to use and edit.  perhaps i'll post a few vids to the paug at the show.  i doubt i'll stream, but i could upload a couple.
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

flow00

Quote from: jedifunk on June 19, 2009, 10:41:56 AM

woot woot!  new 3GS up and running like a champ!  AT&T sucks balls, and made the process more difficult for me, but in the end all is well.

Bastard! I was too late. Every Apple store and AT&T store in metro Detroit is out of phones. When did you get yours?

jedifunk

i was in line at 6:30am ... store opened at 7am... i was number 11 in line!  had it up and running by 8am.

shit is dope!  the camera on this is 1000% better than the previous one... auto focus kicks ass... and doing video, and editing it right on the phone is awesome!
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

My first experiences with the thing are overly positive.  I found some addictive games already - something I'd never thought I'd use it much for. 

I'm still gaga over the look and feel of it.  My first handheld PC.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

whatapiper

just got a 32 3gs and holy shit, very nice!

my problem is i cant drag songs from my library into the iphone, so as far as i know is synching the only way?
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

flow00

Quote from: whatapiper on June 27, 2009, 01:17:32 AM

my problem is i cant drag songs from my library into the iphone, so as far as i know is synching the only way?

That's the only way I know of doing it.

jedifunk

when you plug it into itunes, on the first tab for syncing options (i think its called info), at the bottom you have to check the box next to "manual update songs & videos"

then you can drag and drop
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

whatapiper

:beers:
Quote from: jedifunk on June 27, 2009, 11:00:53 AM

when you plug it into itunes, on the first tab for syncing options (i think its called info), at the bottom you have to check the box next to "manual update songs & videos"

then you can drag and drop

thanks, basically just like an iPod then
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

whyweigh5.0

so without me reading this thread can someone answer me this?  Now that the new iPhones are out do the people with the older versions get some type of free/discounted upgrade?
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

jedifunk

Quote from: whyweigh3.5 on June 30, 2009, 12:52:34 AM
so without me reading this thread can someone answer me this?  Now that the new iPhones are out do the people with the older versions get some type of free/discounted upgrade?
depends on your current contract... i got the subsidized price since i still had the original 2g iphone... some 3g customers also qualified, but not many
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio