News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

iPhone Thread

Started by mattstick, July 10, 2008, 04:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Quote from: Alumni on November 04, 2009, 11:26:17 AM
The ads do clearly say that they're comparing 3g coverage, right? What's the problem?

Genuinely curious.

You didn't read the last paragraph, did you?   :-)
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

rowjimmy

Smartphone TCO chart.

(click to enlarge)

Alumni

Quote from: antelope19 on November 04, 2009, 12:10:42 PM
You didn't read the last paragraph, did you?   :-)

No, I did.  :-P

I'm just not sympathetic to ATT. Maybe it's from personal experience with the old ATT Wireless.

Either way, expecting not to get hammered by Verizon on network quality is silly. Of course that's what VZW is going to promote. ATT's job is to come up with some other reason why people should do business with them. Like data speeds.

Do something creative and think of a situation where there is a real benefit to the higher speed on their network. And then promote that. Don't waste $$ on some DOA lawsuit. :)
Cause I got a degree

rowjimmy

Alumni

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 09, 2009, 11:39:05 AM
http://gizmodo.com/5399850/verizon-wireless-launches-three-more-anti+att-3g-network-commercials

Saw the misfit toys spot during MNF. It's really pretty good. I'd say it's better than "there's a map for that."

Methinks AT&T is kind of playing with fire.

That said, there's a fine line between funny and annoying. We'll see how long Verizon stays on the right side...
Cause I got a degree

antelope19

I just went to the Verizon store today and played around with the new Droid.  Pretty slick little phone.  You all should go check it out. 

whatapiper

anyone have issues with

a) easy example is when you click the scroll bar on the paug to go from "general topic" to "on phish tour" or wherever, when i first got the phone all the forums were there to scroll, now my only option is the forum im already in? any ideas?

b) easy example again b/c of the paug, if i quote someone then want to type i cant scroll down once within the dialogue box, any way to scroll down, this happens to me on other websites as well, just not the same context
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

rowjimmy

Quote from: whatapiper on November 13, 2009, 01:32:16 AM
anyone have issues with

a) easy example is when you click the scroll bar on the paug to go from "general topic" to "on phish tour" or wherever, when i first got the phone all the forums were there to scroll, now my only option is the forum im already in? any ideas?

b) easy example again b/c of the paug, if i quote someone then want to type i cant scroll down once within the dialogue box, any way to scroll down, this happens to me on other websites as well, just not the same context

I've def. experienced "B"

whatapiper

I just figured out "a", if I click the topic in the scroll menu rather than the arrow, my only option is that particular category, but when I click the arrow all forums are there.

A friend of my wife just got a 3gs and her maps app is a bit different, she has an icon of a person where you can click and then it shows you the up to date satelite photos, mine does not and I'm updated
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

jedifunk

Quote from: whatapiper on November 13, 2009, 02:13:44 PM
I just figured out "a", if I click the topic in the scroll menu rather than the arrow, my only option is that particular category, but when I click the arrow all forums are there.

A friend of my wife just got a 3gs and her maps app is a bit different, she has an icon of a person where you can click and then it shows you the up to date satelite photos, mine does not and I'm updated
mine does this, and its updated.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

mattstick

Someone needs to write a PHP forums app that makes forum posting easier/better on the iPhone.

antelope19

Quote from: antelope19 on November 10, 2009, 04:43:02 PM
I just went to the Verizon store today and played around with the new Droid.  Pretty slick little phone.  You all should go check it out.

Interesting that no one has said anything about the Droid.  Everything I've read online has been positive and that it's the first phone to give the iphone a run for its money. 

mattstick

Does it have access to the App Store?

~end discussion~

antelope19

Quote from: mattstick on November 13, 2009, 03:20:11 PM

Does it have access to the App Store?

~end discussion~

:roll:

All I was saying is that it has some serious potential. 

mattstick

It's cool, but the iPhone is more than just the hardware now.