News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

iPhone Thread

Started by mattstick, July 10, 2008, 04:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

yes, the droid will access the android app store, and all 10,000 apps... (iphone store has 100,000)

i think within 3 yrs the android platform will be bigger than the iphone....  but that's ok, cuz apple will still be making the best product so i won't care
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Alumni

Quote from: jedifunk on November 13, 2009, 07:10:22 PM
i think within 3 yrs the android platform will be bigger than the iphone....  but that's ok, cuz apple will still be making the best product so i won't care

Not to mention that in 3 years the divorce paperwork will be processed and Apple will be out of its marriage with AT&T. :D
Cause I got a degree

whatapiper

We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

jedifunk

i guarantee before the end of 2010 that the iphone will be on verizon
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Alumni

Quote from: whatapiper on November 14, 2009, 12:25:58 AM
Apple wants out?

I don't think it's a secret. Faithful readers of Apple blogs can probably point to posts better than I can.
Some folks are completely happy & have no issue with AT&T. But there are lots people who aren't.

It looks like a one-sided relationship. Apple is AT&T's sugar daddy. AT&T...well...they're not exactly Apple's trophy wife.

[/sexist analogy]
Cause I got a degree

rowjimmy

yes, the droid will access the android app store, and all 10,000 apps... (iphone store has 100,000)

Those 7,000 fart apps really are the deal-maker for me.

jedifunk

dont worry they'll all be on android soon enough
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

kellerb

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 16, 2009, 01:19:37 PM

Those 7,000 fart apps really are the deal-maker for me.

And to think we used to use armpits and/or beans.  Farts are funny no matter the source

jephrey

unless it's a vagina...  not during sex.  :|
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

rowjimmy

Quote from: jephrey on November 16, 2009, 09:31:18 PM

That's not a fart.

kellerb

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 16, 2009, 09:33:23 PM
Quote from: jephrey on November 16, 2009, 09:31:18 PM

That's not a fart.

It stops being funny when it comes out of your vagina

Alumni

Cause I got a degree

Alumni

Well, AT&T's request for a temporary injunction against Verizon was rejected. Per Engadget, the actual legal showdown is scheduled for 12/16. FYI to folks who enjoy courtroom drama. I think the odds are with VZW, but I expect they'll blanket the airwaves between now and 12/16 anyway, just to be safe.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/11/18/atandt-loses-request-for-injunction-against-verizons-map-for-that/

Quote from: antelope19 on November 04, 2009, 10:39:06 AM
AT&T not happy with Verizon ads: 'There's a lawsuit for that'

Stung by some pretty aggressive advertising by Verizon, AT&T has had enough and is suing the communications giant for false and misleading claims.

AT&T says the ads, which show that AT&T has poor 3G coverage compared to Verizon are causing it to lose "incalculable market share."

According to the lawsuit which AT&T filed in Atlanta federal court, a recently broadcast ad campaign shows maps with white spaces that mislead consumers into thinking AT&T has no network coverage outside of areas where it offers high-speed mobile services, known as 3G.

But AT&T argued that its customers can "fully use their wireless devices outside of a '3G' coverage area and undisputedly have coverage in areas depicted by white or blank spaces on the maps used in Verizon's advertisements."

Verizon says the lawsuit has no merit, and Verizon Wireless spokeswoman Nancy Stark said the ads "clearly state" that voice and data services are available outside 3G areas. She said the ads were intended to tell consumers about coverage for smartphones, which are used for data services.
Cause I got a degree

jephrey

Quit spending the money I'm sending you every month on this shit.

* Although I have been pleased with my bill of late...  Pretty damn reasonable for having a computer in my pocket. 

**You really just can't beat the iPhone.  It's friggin fantastic.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

whatapiper

Quote from: jephrey on November 20, 2009, 12:32:42 AM
Quit spending the money I'm sending you every month on this shit.

* Although I have been pleased with my bill of late...  Pretty damn reasonable for having a computer in my pocket. 

**You really just can't beat the iPhone.  It's friggin fantastic.
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong