News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

iPhone Thread

Started by mattstick, July 10, 2008, 04:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justjezmund

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 15, 2010, 09:09:42 PM
Word is, based on documents released as part of a class-action suit against Apple, that the at&t contract runs through 2012.
great the day verizon gets the iphone the whole world ends.   :x
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

tet

Word is, based on documents released as part of a class-action suit against Apple, that the at&t contract runs through 2012.

The suit, incidentally, is from people who are upset that, while their initial contracts were only for 2 years, the exclusivity of iphones to at&t prevents them from getting the phone unlocked and taking it elsewhere.

Where can i sign up to join that? Ridiculous that the iPhone is the only thing AT&T refuses to unlock. Most phones they allow to do it after 90 days!!!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

rowjimmy

Quote from: tet on May 16, 2010, 06:47:58 AM

The suit, incidentally, is from people who are upset that, while their initial contracts were only for 2 years, the exclusivity of iphones to at&t prevents them from getting the phone unlocked and taking it elsewhere.

Where can i sign up to join that? Ridiculous that the iPhone is the only thing AT&T refuses to unlock. Most phones they allow to do it after 90 days!!!

Here's my source: http://gizmodo.com/5535699/yes-apple-and-att-really-did-sign-a-five+year-agreement-in-2007

On a positive note:
http://gizmodo.com/5536416/att-pushing-some-upgrade-eligibility-dates-up-to-june

tet

Unfortunately i am unable to browse to either of those links, for reasons already known...
-Phish

rowjimmy

justjezmund

QuoteIf this agreement is still in effect, iPhone users are stuck with AT&T through the spring of 2012.

and verizon users are stuck with suck filled phones till then as well i guess. :frustrated:
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Alumni

Quote from: JustJezmund on May 16, 2010, 12:57:29 PM

QuoteIf this agreement is still in effect, iPhone users are stuck with AT&T through the spring of 2012.

and verizon users are stuck with suck filled phones till then as well i guess. :frustrated:
:roll:
Cause I got a degree

jephrey

Anyone else running 4.0 beta?  I got licensed and am running it.  Some of the new features are good.  Much better spell checking and options in that.  Some improved interfaces and extra features (did camera always have zoom?).  The folders are great.  I only have one page!  8 Apps, the 4 at the bottom and then 8 folders in between.  The background apps section is going to be cool and the doubletap for ipod controls went away, then came back differently in this beta including a screen rotation lock.  (unfortunately it locks across apps, it's with the ipod controls so I wish it was just for that.)  One thing I like and don't like are the ipod controls...  You can now access them another way.
1, double homebutton while locked, they show up at the top of the screen
2, double homebutton wile in, it goes to the "fast app switcher" to switch to other apps, but a swipe to the right brings up the set of ipod controls with the screen lock and the option to go to the iPod app.  I'm assuming this is where it'll always be.  This is at the bottom of the screen.
3, within ipod, they're at the bottom of the screen or not available in landscape mode
4, they used to be available in a modal box but that seems to be gone (I guess I'd call it traded for something different at the bottom of the screen.)

Can't the ipod controls always be the same and in the same place? 

In any case, it's a buggy as a beta.  It'll be a nice release though. 

As for the new phone, only one year and a few months till I get mine.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

rowjimmy

It's official. Jobs will give the keynote @ WWDC on June 7.

PIE-GUY

no iphone here... but have you see this?

http://www.worstphoneever.com/

QuoteObviously there are a few privacy issues with sharing your logs, but why not early-adopt in the mass lawsuit space?
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

whyweigh5.0

So it seems that ever since the new ios upgrade my iphone battery life has reduced pretty significantly. Do you think they could have possibly snuck something into the new ios to do this to the old 3g phones to get people to upgrade?

Just a paranoid thought for today
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

tet

Quote from: whyweigh4.5 on June 25, 2010, 01:03:23 PM
So it seems that ever since the new ios upgrade my iphone battery life has reduced pretty significantly. Do you think they could have possibly snuck something into the new ios to do this to the old 3g phones to get people to upgrade?

Just a paranoid thought for today

Mine got better (for the 2 days until I picked up my iPhone 4).

I'd suggest doing a full restore of the 3G with a fresh 4.0 install, especially if you only did the upgrade before and not a restore. I've found restores help correct battery issues more times than not.
-Phish

whyweigh5.0

I restored when I did the IOS upgrade.  Well, ...it restored on its own.  Which sucked because I lost all my stored info for my apps.  I was pretty pissed about that, at myself of course.  I should have known better.  I have a glucose reading app on my phone that all of my readings were stored on for weeks.  I didn't call them in to my doctor yet and I restored and lost them all :frustrated:
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

whyweigh5.0

Also, has anyone heard if the new iPhone has a T-Coil in it?  I haven't been able to find any info on that online at all, not even at apple.com

tet

Strange, mine kept some app info, others had to be redone.  Not sure why that would happen. Definitely sucks in your situation...

What is a T-coil?
-Phish