News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

iPhone Thread

Started by mattstick, July 10, 2008, 04:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jephrey

telecoil used to transmit sound to a hearing device, and I don't think it was added.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jephrey

So I know tet's got one - and I do.  Anyone else pick up one of these bad boys?  After having it (left work early on the 23rd-early delivery yay) for a bit I'm pretty impressed.  I love all the lists about what's wrong with the iPhone...  I love the thing.  It takes great pictures, has a nice feel to it (I like it better for texting), the retina display isn't a big deal until you see it (WOW), and the video calling is really cool - I was lucky to have a coworker that got one too.  I'm getting iMovie now so I can see how that works.

Woohoo.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

whyweigh5.0

Pretty lame that they didn't add a t-coil to the new ones.  Almost every other cell phone has them, why wouldn't apple do the same :?
I will probably not get a new iPhone and get something else because of this
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

jephrey

I work for a coil manufacturer.  We'd love to see the device get a t-coil.

whyweigh5.0

I have these tiny magnets that I can stick on a house phone if it doesn't have a coil in it.  But I doubt they work on cell phones.  Who knows what sticking a magnet on a cell phone would do

.... *blows up the world :crazy:
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

rowjimmy

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

justjezmund

The new multi tasking works perfectly, music and fire :clap:
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

antelope19

Apparently they're being sued because if you're a left handed user, the way you hold the phone cuts out alot of the signal strength. 

Don't know how much truth there is to that, but I saw it on the internet, so.....

justjezmund

anything you read on the internet is the same as shit you see on TV.  It must be true.

Proof

antelope19

It was actually on msn. 

Alumni

Quote from: antelope19 on July 01, 2010, 04:28:14 PM
Apparently they're being sued because if you're a left handed user, the way you hold the phone cuts out alot of the signal strength. 

Don't know how much truth there is to that, but I saw it on the internet, so.....

If the part of the internet where you saw it is called anandtech.com, it's probably real.

/humorless

:wink:
Cause I got a degree

Alumni

All smartphones are affected by being held. The issue seems to be that the new iPhone is much more sensitive than the previous 3GS model...
Cause I got a degree

antelope19

Lower is better, lol.

I'm glad they clarified, because I had no idea what it all meant.   :-D

justjezmund

Quote from: antelope19 on July 01, 2010, 05:06:36 PM
Lower is better, lol.

I'm glad they clarified, because I had no idea what it all meant.   :-D

i just figured that it meant left handed people suck at receiving things :-P