News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

iPhone Thread

Started by mattstick, July 10, 2008, 04:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tet

Quote from: barnesy305 on April 21, 2011, 07:00:19 PM
Skyhook has become self aware. Terminator was right they just got the name wrong. Fuckin Nostradamus and shit!

and you do know that April 19th 2011 was the date, right?

freaky, i know...

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

postjack

well if we are going to be taken over by machines at least it will be really really good looking and easy to use machines.

bring on my iPhone 4S please.
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

tet

Quote from: postjack on April 22, 2011, 09:11:32 AM
well if we are going to be taken over by machines at least it will be really really good looking and easy to use machines.

bring on my iPhone 4S please.

you mean

?
-Phish

postjack

yeah that's the ticket!
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

UncleEbinezer

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

thatfargone

Quote from: mattstick on April 21, 2011, 12:47:10 PM

Since you're so outraged by this I'm guessing you don't use a credit card, or make cellphone calls at all as well?

Simply put, if some one wants to know where you are they already do.  ATMs, traffic light cameras, Amazon.com purchases, CC transactions, IP addresses, shit, posts on this forum and for anyone that uses Facebook....come on!!!! When you log on to the internet, any cell phone turned on can be tracked and located.  Anything with gps can be found, including your car with onstar, etc etc etc etc.  This is not news or an outrage...its EXACTLY how the world operates.  If you think ANYTHING is private...I've got some beans to sell ya.  :-P
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

phuzzyfish12

Quote from: thatfargone on April 22, 2011, 11:01:53 AM

Since you're so outraged by this I'm guessing you don't use a credit card, or make cellphone calls at all as well?

Simply put, if some one wants to know where you are they already do.  ATMs, traffic light cameras, Amazon.com purchases, CC transactions, IP addresses, shit, posts on this forum and for anyone that uses Facebook....come on!!!! When you log on to the internet, any cell phone turned on can be tracked and located.  Anything with gps can be found, including your car with onstar, etc etc etc etc.  This is not news or an outrage...its EXACTLY how the world operates.  If you think ANYTHING is private...I've got some beans to sell ya.  :-P

Still doesn't make it okay......

barnesy305

Quote from: tet on April 22, 2011, 08:31:34 AM
Quote from: barnesy305 on April 21, 2011, 07:00:19 PM
Skyhook has become self aware. Terminator was right they just got the name wrong. Fuckin Nostradamus and shit!

and you do know that April 19th 2011 was the date, right?

freaky, i know...

Yeah someone mentioned that to me the other day, figured this was the appropriate time and thread to bust it out.

thatfargone

Quote from: phuzzyfish12 on April 22, 2011, 11:47:35 AM
Quote from: thatfargone on April 22, 2011, 11:01:53 AM

Still doesn't make it okay......

But, in many cases it is us that willingly offer the information.  Posting here and facebook alone gives the opportunity for anyone who would pass by access to where you live, your full name, all your friends, where you work.  Added with the info you can get from that into...you can pretty much steal someones identity...if you REALLY wanted to.  Sure, stuff like this, companies keeping information makes the places you need to go fewer.  Pretty much unless you never work, pay taxes, own a phone etc etc etc your entire life is readily available for all to see.  Add a few Freedom of Information Act requests and a trip to the local library and you'd be shocked to know what you can find on anyone. Anytime.
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

jedifunk

most used apps

instagram
tumblr
twitter
facebook
espn scorecenter
foursquare
tunein radio
newsrack
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

antelope19

Quote from: jedifunk on April 23, 2011, 07:18:56 PM
most used apps

instagram
tumblr
twitter
facebook
espn scorecenter
foursquare
tunein radio
newsrack

Thanks fsor the input.  I'll check them out!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

VDB

If you're jailbroken, you can install untrackerd to turn off this "feature."
Is this still Wombat?

antelope19

Is it possible to access/edit contacts on your iphone in itunes?  Basically, I have a bunch of funny pics for people saved in gmail under their contact info and I'm wondering if I can move them to the iphone?  I will say that being able to edit your contacts in gmail and have it auto-update your phone wirelessly was REALLY nice on my droid. 

tet

Quote from: antelope19 on April 25, 2011, 07:23:04 PM
Is it possible to access/edit contacts on your iphone in itunes?  Basically, I have a bunch of funny pics for people saved in gmail under their contact info and I'm wondering if I can move them to the iphone?  I will say that being able to edit your contacts in gmail and have it auto-update your phone wirelessly was REALLY nice on my droid.

well, if you use a Mac, you can sync your Gmail contact with Address Book (i believe anything 10.5 or later should support this), and then you just tell iTunes to sync those contacts with the phone.  i think that will bring over any images you have saved for particular contacts, but not 100% sure...
-Phish

antelope19