News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

iPhone Thread

Started by mattstick, July 10, 2008, 04:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postjack

Quote from: mattstick on October 19, 2011, 12:25:35 PM

I'm rocking the Photo Stream and syncing iCal and Reminders.

yeah I'm doing photo stream as well, it's neat.
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

zimbra

Can you not zoom on the new 4S?
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

rowjimmy

zimbra

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

sls.stormyrider

do you need to upgrade ilife (iphoto, idvd, imovie) to use photostream from the mac?
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

Quote from: slslbs on October 19, 2011, 10:44:18 PM
do you need to upgrade ilife (iphoto, idvd, imovie) to use photostream from the mac?
I think so, but don't quote me on that.

tet

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 19, 2011, 10:47:24 PM
Quote from: slslbs on October 19, 2011, 10:44:18 PM
I think so, but don't quote me on that.

yes, you do.  there were free updates pushed out to the latest versions (iLife '11) the day iOS 5 released, and without those, Photo Stream does not work.  i was pleasantly surprised when they also updated Aperture to use Photo Stream, as that is my main image hub nowadays...
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

mattstick

iPhoto '11 is worth buying if you use iPhoto regularly.

fastfingers12

Quote from: postjack on October 19, 2011, 01:13:58 PM
Quote from: mattstick on October 19, 2011, 12:25:35 PM

I'm rocking the Photo Stream and syncing iCal and Reminders.

yeah I'm doing photo stream as well, it's neat.
Whats the difference with the photo stream? I have it too but like what new features does it have on it?
That's a hundred nineteen to you and me

VDB

The more I think about it, the more use I can see myself getting out of the Reminders + Siri combo.
Is this still Wombat?

antelope19

I dOnt really like the fact that you can't delete photos from photo stream. I've got fat fingers, what can I say. :-/
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

zimbra

I've been using siri a little bit and it seems to work well.  It does have a problem with my southern accent though.
- Trey Anastasio

fastfingers12

Quote from: zimbra on October 26, 2011, 04:09:28 PM
I've been using siri a little bit and it seems to work well.  It does have a problem with my southern accent though.
"text Molly"..... "BITCH!"
That's a hundred nineteen to you and me

sls.stormyrider

how's everyone doing with battery life?
I have no problem with "standby" mode, like some have. Yesterday I surfed the web for a while (over an hour) and made about 3 moderate length calls, and it sucked out a lot of battery. Fully charged it up in the car last night and this am. This afternoon made a few calls, about 50 minutes total, and a little surfing, and the indicator showed about 40% gone.

anyone?
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

antelope19

I have heard others complain about battery life.  I have the 4, not the 4s though. 

That said, I try to avoid charging in the car because I think that over time, it kills the battery
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment