News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

iPhone Thread

Started by mattstick, July 10, 2008, 04:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

My ipad just gives me an error message when I try to DL. Hmmmmmmm......
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

antelope19

DoW

Quote from: antelope19 on September 18, 2013, 03:58:23 PM
8 hours left......ugh.
the next update may be out before you're done
:-D
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

antelope19

Quote from: DoW on September 18, 2013, 04:10:35 PM
Quote from: antelope19 on September 18, 2013, 03:58:23 PM
8 hours left......ugh.
the next update may be out before you're done
:-D

13 16 hours! Woohoo!

What a fucking joke......

Augustus

Liking it.
Looks smooth.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: JustJezmund on September 18, 2013, 03:15:42 PM
UGH!!! download finally done but now it keeps going to verifying update and than just telling me to fuck off.

This seems to be the exact cycle I'm stuck in.  :frustrated:
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mattstick

Took a few tries at the verification stage, but it's been loading for a while now... patience is a virtue today.

rowjimmy

I got stuck in an icloud setup loop briefly. but that was after the install completed.

It's quite nice.

antelope19

When are they gonna figure this out?

I miss the days when I got my software in the mail. "500 free minutes of AOL Internet".  :laugh:

mattstick

Wife's phone doesn't have enough free space to download the update untethered.

iTunes needs to be updated to 11.0.5 to do it while tethered.

iPhone update wants the newest version of iTunes, while iTunes is already up to date.

Endless loop of clicks ensues.

runawayjimbo

I didn't have the issues you guys seem to be having. Downloaded and installed right away in less than 45 mins. I really dig the sleek design and some of the new features (e.g., multitasking view), but Command Center for quick toggling of wi-fi and Bluetooth wins. Love it.

Now when is the Mavericks release?
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

gainesvillegreen

Itching to place this on the new iPhone since I have nothing saved on it yet only having had it for 48 hours, but think I will wait since there is (apparently?) no going back to iOS6 on an A6 chip?

In the meantime, let me throw this Dear Abbey out to the crowd. Now that I have three Apple devices, I would like to create ONE iTunes library between 500GB-1TB large and be able to connect and manage all three devices within that ONE library. Am I looking at making playlists for the iPad and iPhone since their memory capacity is much smaller than the Classic, or is there another way without creating three separate libraries?

The WiFi Seagate drive that Matt posted and RJ also has is definitely in the future, but given current circumstances with my marital status, isn't feasible at this time although Santa may be able to bring me something. Until then, playlists are the way to go? It seems burdensome to manage a 28 GB playlist, is that so? The separate libraries was a pain in the ass on the last Windows OS, but if it has to be done.....
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

sls.stormyrider

soooooo

I clicked on Settings > software updated on my iphone 4S and it checks for updates for several minutes and then says there is a problem

I do the same thing on my 3rd gen ipad ( with Siri) and it says iOS 6.1.3 : your software is up to date.

both are on wifi

What gives?
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: slslbs on September 18, 2013, 10:18:55 PM
soooooo

I clicked on Settings > software updated on my iphone 4S and it checks for updates for several minutes and then says there is a problem

I do the same thing on my 3rd gen ipad ( with Siri) and it says iOS 6.1.3 : your software is up to date.

both are on wifi

What gives?

I am finding it on my iPhone 5 and iPad 3 Retina (on wifi).  :|
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.