News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

iPhone Thread

Started by mattstick, July 10, 2008, 04:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

iPad is updated. Sure is pretty.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mattstick

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on September 18, 2013, 09:23:22 PM
Itching to place this on the new iPhone since I have nothing saved on it yet only having had it for 48 hours, but think I will wait since there is (apparently?) no going back to iOS6 on an A6 chip?

In the meantime, let me throw this Dear Abbey out to the crowd. Now that I have three Apple devices, I would like to create ONE iTunes library between 500GB-1TB large and be able to connect and manage all three devices within that ONE library. Am I looking at making playlists for the iPad and iPhone since their memory capacity is much smaller than the Classic, or is there another way without creating three separate libraries?

The WiFi Seagate drive that Matt posted and RJ also has is definitely in the future, but given current circumstances with my marital status, isn't feasible at this time although Santa may be able to bring me something. Until then, playlists are the way to go? It seems burdensome to manage a 28 GB playlist, is that so? The separate libraries was a pain in the ass on the last Windows OS, but if it has to be done.....

Definitely, 1 library with a playlist for each device. If I can manage my 160gb + iPhone + iPad + Nano + wife's iDevices, you can handle your 3. Just make playlists and sync, nothing to it.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: mattstick on September 18, 2013, 10:31:13 PM
Itching to place this on the new iPhone since I have nothing saved on it yet only having had it for 48 hours, but think I will wait since there is (apparently?) no going back to iOS6 on an A6 chip?

In the meantime, let me throw this Dear Abbey out to the crowd. Now that I have three Apple devices, I would like to create ONE iTunes library between 500GB-1TB large and be able to connect and manage all three devices within that ONE library. Am I looking at making playlists for the iPad and iPhone since their memory capacity is much smaller than the Classic, or is there another way without creating three separate libraries?

The WiFi Seagate drive that Matt posted and RJ also has is definitely in the future, but given current circumstances with my marital status, isn't feasible at this time although Santa may be able to bring me something. Until then, playlists are the way to go? It seems burdensome to manage a 28 GB playlist, is that so? The separate libraries was a pain in the ass on the last Windows OS, but if it has to be done.....

Definitely, 1 library with a playlist for each device. If I can manage my 160gb + iPhone + iPad + Nano + wife's iDevices, you can handle your 3. Just make playlists and sync, nothing to it.

Playlist folders help as well.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

rowjimmy

I updated three phones yesterday. My iPhone 5, my wife's, and my iPhone 4.
The two fives went quickly, 45min for the first, half an hour for the second. The faster one was updated by wire because it was near capacity.
The four took almost 90 minutes, over the air.

No real hitches.
Loving it.

antelope19

Ipad 3 took around 3.5 hours via wifi, but I do like it alot so far.  I look forward to giving it some serious time on Sunday when I get back in town. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

shoreline99

Updated two iPhone 4S's this morning via hardwire (laptop). 35 minutes to download via wifi to laptop, took maybe ten minutes to update each phone via itunes (after backing them up). No problems with the upgrade.

New iOS is gonna take some getting used to, though.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: mattstick on September 18, 2013, 10:31:13 PM

Playlists it is then, thanks.
Liking the new OS so far on the phone, like the Camera app and how many ways you can get to it quickly.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

justjezmund

The quick shutter is an awesome camera feature I think too.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

mattstick

OMG it's almost time to order.

mattstick

date:    Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 3:04 AM

rowjimmy

Figuring on picking one up next week.

Augustus

32 GB Space > Grey ordered!

runawayjimbo

Anyone update to iOS 7 on an iPad 2? I've read mixed reviews on the compatibility; cnet seems to suggest it's not worth it, while arestechnica says it's manageable (although not perfect).
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: runawayjimbo on September 20, 2013, 10:06:28 PM
Anyone update to iOS 7 on an iPad 2? I've read mixed reviews on the compatibility; cnet seems to suggest it's not worth it, while arestechnica says it's manageable (although not perfect).

Pauging from an iPad 2 running 7 right now.  Been loving it. Only issue I've noticed is when I refresh the "all unread topics" page it sometimes doesn't just shows the most recent cached version with topics I've read still showing up. 

What have reviews said? This is the first I've heard of any issues on ipad2.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

sls.stormyrider

upgraded my ipad 3
I'm not sure I get all the excitement over this
I guess I'm showing my age

one thing I can't figure out in the music app is the output choice.  There used to be a little arrow that would let you choose if you wanted the ipad speakers or airport. I don't see that. tried the apple support website, no help so far.

edit - never mind, found it
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."