News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

iPhone Thread

Started by mattstick, July 10, 2008, 04:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

pre-order? really? i've never had a problem getting one in store on launch day
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

mattstick

In Toronto you'd have to line up for several hours before store opening to get one on launch day at a store.

jedifunk

Quote from: mattstick on September 11, 2014, 10:15:41 PM
In Toronto you'd have to line up for several hours before store opening to get one on launch day at a store.
i did that for my first two iphones, but for the fun/geek aspect... not because i was worried about not getting one.

when i got my 4s, i walked in at lunch time on launch day and got it
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

VDB

I sure would love to see Apple bring back the quick tweet/FB actions in the notification tray in iOS 8. Real handy in 6 and inexplicably removed from 7.
Is this still Wombat?

Caravan2001

Quote from: mattstick on September 11, 2014, 06:14:48 AM
Pro tip: use the Apple Store app to pre-order

Yep...I have a business account so I have to do it through verizon directly. I ordered a 64gb iPhone 6 in gray and it might not come until first week of October. I know, first world problems, but the apple store is delivering on 19th...ugh.  Stoked for new phone though!  I have needed one for a year

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

rowjimmy

mattstick

Some fun new stuff in iOS8.

rowjimmy

VDB

I read yesterday that iOS 8 doesn't do so well on a 4S. I remember other past releases where the OS basically crippled the oldest "compatible" devices.

Well lucky for me I *just* upgraded to 7 as I was waiting for the jailbreak to catch up to the current release. So I'm also enjoying new stuff, just a year behind schedule. (The iPad has had 7 for a while but of course it doesn't get the kind of intensive use as a phone.)

Still looking forward to the 6, and iOS 8, though.
Is this still Wombat?

rowjimmy

Looks like there's a bug in ios8 with Safari http uploading.
Currently unable to upload an attachment to a post from my phone.

PIE-GUY

Debating getting up at 5 tomorrow to try and get a 6 at the apple store. The store near me will disperse anyone there before 6 am. So there's a mad rush to get in line right at 6. I'm unemployed but starting a new job Monday so the question is, how do I want to spend my last free Friday?
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

VDB

I'd vote for "sleeping in."
Is this still Wombat?

antelope19

After 6 hours of "updating" to ios 8, I got an error. I'm clearly in the minority here, but I'm left wondering if they'll ever make this an easy process. It's been painful
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

jedifunk

Quote from: antelope19 on September 18, 2014, 10:15:48 PM
After 6 hours of "updating" to ios 8, I got an error. I'm clearly in the minority here, but I'm left wondering if they'll ever make this an easy process. It's been painful
took 2 hrs on my 4s ... felt like forever..

doesn't run horribly either. .. bonus, till i get my 6 next month
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio