News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2018 Summer Tour

Started by PIE-GUY, January 23, 2018, 02:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ph92

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on February 09, 2018, 10:25:28 PM
Quote from: WillBreathes on February 09, 2018, 04:46:44 PM
Need that Dick's Saturday.  This used to be such an easy ticket.  Not sold out in ten minutes.

For real! First two years I went, I grabbed floors a month before the show.

Makes sense though. Everyone and their brother is moving to CO and theyre all a bunch of w00ks so it adds up quickly.
Yeah,  those wooks from the jauntee just moved out there too
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

emay

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on February 10, 2018, 03:06:27 PM
So how the heck should I do Tahoe > Gorge > SF?

Plane? Train? Automobile?

With proper flights you can get this done for like 350-400 bucks.
Denver > Reno > Portland/Seattle > SF > Denver.
United/American/Spirit/Frontier all have decent priced flights to those areas. You can probably get some for even cheaper if you wait for the email promo codes deals from Spirit/Frontier.

ETA just did the search through Kayak and it was 400 bucks right now. Might even be able to get it cheaper if you wait a little.

WhatstheUse?

Yeah, I guess that seems the way to go. Even renting a car+gas isn't gonna be much cheaper...
Bring in the dude!

anthrax

so, how do you feel about the fact that the 3 atlanta shows are not listed as "sold out" on phish.com, but the only seats available are above face ticketmaster "official platinum" tickets?

Caravan2001

Quote from: anthrax on February 20, 2018, 07:48:09 PM
so, how do you feel about the fact that the 3 atlanta shows are not listed as "sold out" on phish.com, but the only seats available are above face ticketmaster "official platinum" tickets?

:frustrated: :| :cry: :oops: :x :shakehead:

anthrax

Quote from: Caravan2001 on February 25, 2018, 03:55:33 AM

i'm glad somebody responded!  it seems like no one really cares about this, and here i am having a very hard time getting over it.  back in the 90's when i was just learning the ropes, selling tickets for above face value was a serious no no in the how to be heady handbook.  i've sold tickets for some pretty hard to get shows at face+fees for 20+ years, and i've always had pretty good phish ticket karma because of it.

however, it seems like ever since gd50 and the insane amount of scalping that went on with those shows, the rules of old have gone out the window.  so it's ok to scalp phish tickets?  phish is doing it, so it must be fine.  so i'm going to mail order 50 times for new years and sell any extras at a 150% profit and no one can say anything bad, right?  if i don't, i'm a sucker, right? 

ph92

Quote from: anthrax on February 26, 2018, 08:18:53 PM

i'm glad somebody responded!  it seems like no one really cares about this, and here i am having a very hard time getting over it.  back in the 90's when i was just learning the ropes, selling tickets for above face value was a serious no no in the how to be heady handbook.  i've sold tickets for some pretty hard to get shows at face+fees for 20+ years, and i've always had pretty good phish ticket karma because of it.

however, it seems like ever since gd50 and the insane amount of scalping that went on with those shows, the rules of old have gone out the window.  so it's ok to scalp phish tickets?  phish is doing it, so it must be fine.  so i'm going to mail order 50 times for new years and sell any extras at a 150% profit and no one can say anything bad, right?  if i don't, i'm a sucker, right? 
I didn't know that's what it was. I was just assuming it was some box seats or some shit. But now even TM scalps tickets too?

Make America Melt Again!

Caravan2001

Quote from: ph92 on February 26, 2018, 10:30:02 PM

I didn't know that's what it was. I was just assuming it was some box seats or some shit. But now even TM scalps tickets too?

TM has always scalped tickets through the second party services they own.  But this one is per direction of Phish management.  Lot;s of other bands do it but it makes me sick to my stomach to see Phish succumb.

VDB

Quote from: Caravan2001 on February 26, 2018, 10:33:12 PM

TM has always scalped tickets through the second party services they own.  But this one is per direction of Phish management.  Lot;s of other bands do it but it makes me sick to my stomach to see Phish succumb.

Is that a fact? Here I'd been blaming TM for what seemed like a basic, greedy TM move.
Is this still Wombat?

mbw

Quote from: VDB on February 26, 2018, 10:46:35 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on February 26, 2018, 10:33:12 PM

Is that a fact? Here I'd been blaming TM for what seemed like a basic, greedy TM move.

"Easy there, commies." - Jimbo (probably)

Buffalo Budd

Sorry, but I find it hard to believe Phish is scalping their tickets (even in a round about way).
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

anthrax

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on February 27, 2018, 07:21:40 AM
Sorry, but I find it hard to believe Phish is scalping their tickets (even in a round about way).
that's what we want to believe, but don't kid yourself.  that would mean that phish doesn't control their own website.  Phish's management knows exactly what is going on with their tickets.  they announced summer tour early and waited until enough camden and mpp tickets sold.  they also waited until enough east coasters decided to pull the trigger on a pilgrimage to the gorge.  then they dropped curveball at precisely the right time to maximize those sales.  it's a business.  but something stinks.

now, i don't think the band is very much involved.  i'm sure they are aware of it.  probably at a meeting it was mentioned that "we're going to sell 0.5% of good seats at a premium and give the extra money to waterwheel."  harmless enough when presented to people who don't really care, but phish's team had to sign off on it.

Buffalo Budd

It's showing sold out now.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

ph92

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on February 27, 2018, 08:40:43 AM
they know we know maaannnn

I mean it is definitely a business. But I've also noticed since they've been back they have been offering more fancy packages for various things. Look at Mexico for example, there's no way some tour kids are gonna reasonably get there and pay for that experience. But maybe Phish is offering stuff like this because they can now. It's the proponent that their fans have grown up and a lot of them have stable jobs and don't tour with the band anymore. So with stuff like that it's almost like an awesome super fancy Phish vacation with all the perks. But that's just my 0.02
Make America Melt Again!

mehead

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on February 27, 2018, 08:40:43 AM

Still a few platinum seats left for Friday. Grab 'em before they're gone!!
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged