News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

McCain or Obama or Undecided?

Started by gimmetela, September 22, 2008, 11:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gimmetela

Out of sick curiosity, I have to ask...who will it be for you?  Biden's a doof, and Palin is scary...IMO.  Obama is eloquent and McCain is OLD.  Shit's gonna get hot come November. If it's none of my beeswax, lemme know.  I can take it.   :evil:

Ri©h

Hey we're all friends here...  sort of.  ;)  I have no qualms saying that I am still undecided.  But in light of recent events I can say that Obama is looking better each day.  Dear God we are seriously fucked if McCain wins. I fear for our future if we have to spend the next 4-8 years under a Republican regime.  This country needs someone to light a serious fire under our proverbial ass.  :-D

rowjimmy

antelope19

I agree with Rich, actually.  I am pretty "middle of the road" when it comes to the majority of issues.  I will say that the more and more I hear from Mrs. Palin, the less and less I like her.  I am still very curious to see how the debates play out, but ATM, I am leaning towards Mr. Obama.     
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

gah

I have no doubt either that Obama is my choice. And I said this on another board, if there is more you need to research to decide, please do so, but don't give up, say you're not going to vote, or get frustrated with both sides. It is a pain, but its our one opportunity (unless you're involved in local politics) to actually be involved and active in the political process. But you have to search through the muck to get to the truth.

My point being, its easy to fuel the fire of forwarded emails and ridiculous photos, but underneath it their are policies and ideas that actually matter.  We shouldn't be so quick to dismiss the truth based on smoke and mirrors, nor should you be so blind to quickly accept the rhetoric thrown your way by people that claim to feel the same as you or understand your viewpoints. You might just be surprised at what you find when you go looking for the truth.

A good place to start www.factcheck.org
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Mr Minor

Obama. 
Unless some miraculous event occurs in which McCain/Palin come up with real solutions to many of hte problems.  But then again, are miracles by the devil considered a miracle??  :-P

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: goodabouthood on September 23, 2008, 10:33:46 AM
I have no doubt either that Obama is my choice. And I said this on another board, if there is more you need to research to decide, please do so, but don't give up, say you're not going to vote, or get frustrated with both sides. It is a pain, but its our one opportunity (unless you're involved in local politics) to actually be involved and active in the political process. But you have to search through the muck to get to the truth.

My point being, its easy to fuel the fire of forwarded emails and ridiculous photos, but underneath it their are policies and ideas that actually matter.  We shouldn't be so quick to dismiss the truth based on smoke and mirrors, nor should you be so blind to quickly accept the rhetoric thrown your way by people that claim to feel the same as you or understand your viewpoints. You might just be surprised at what you find when you go looking for the truth.

A good place to start www.factcheck.org
excellent point that is unfortunately getting lost in all the BS.

Personally, I have no problem with someone who really believes McCains policies are better for the country. well, maybe I have a problem but I can respect it. Disagree, yes.
I have a major problem with people who take the rhetoric being thrown at us (from both sides), etc. I would elaborate but it's already been discussed.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

Personally I think they're all religious wackos... so I'm picking the one who will do the least harm until I can personally supplant him in the 2012 election.

gah

Religions never made sense to me either as it relates to being a Republican. I got into an argument with a friend the other day who is very religious and adamant supporter of the Republicans, and when I asked why, the only thing they could base their support off of was the abortion issue.  Can the abortion issue be all that pulls conservative Christians to that party? Don't any of the other issues matter to them? Like the greater social well being of your brothers and sisters? Creating harmony with other countries? Not creating wars for profit? I may not be asking this right, but I just don't understand how faith gets mixed in with politics sometimes and how then the right is more religious with all the greed that seems to be associated with it.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Ri©h

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 23, 2008, 12:59:02 PM
Personally I think they're all religious wackos... so I'm picking the one who will do the least harm until I can personally supplant him in the 2012 election.

Just as long as I can be in charge of campaign signage...   :-D

rowjimmy

Quote from: Rich on September 23, 2008, 01:32:15 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on September 23, 2008, 12:59:02 PM

Just as long as I can be in charge of campaign signage...   :-D

Capitalize the 'R' and let's try it without the serifs, mmkay?

Ri©h

sophist

Quote from: goodabouthood on September 23, 2008, 01:26:50 PM
Can the abortion issue be all that pulls conservative Christians to that party? Don't any of the other issues matter to them? Like the greater social well being of your brothers and sisters? Creating harmony with other countries? Not creating wars for profit? I may not be asking this right, but I just don't understand how faith gets mixed in with politics sometimes and how then the right is more religious with all the greed that seems to be associated with it.
yes.  The Christian Nationalist movement has made it the hot button topic to evoke power via the religious right.  Ironically, said Christians only care about life inside the womb.  Ever notice how many Christians are for the death penalty, or unmoved by civilian death via war?  Failure to think the policy of "pro-life" through and failure to implement the policy so that all life is valued.  It is the same illogical argument for Gay rights. 
Homosexuality -> Bestiality (sp?) -> incest -> 6 butted human hermaphrodites

Fear is the tool, not the actual word of God. 

I won't open that can of worms anymore, but I think you get my point. 

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!