News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

iPhone Thread

Started by mattstick, July 10, 2008, 04:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

Quote from: pcr3 on December 05, 2014, 07:34:54 PM
Quote from: jedifunk on December 04, 2014, 08:01:33 PM
to be fair, you can definitely "sync" music from a couple of places.

1. spotify, with a full paid account, lets you download music directly to the phone for offline use ... which is what i do

2. phish od app, also lets you download tracks/shows to your phone directly

I knew about #1 and will likely upgrade my account soon.  Was not aware of #2 and will be taking advantage asap. Thanks again!

yeah, their setup is a little janky at this moment, but it works just fine .... especially if you like to DL entire shows.  for individual tracks it still works, but it also bring the rest of that show along for the ride but doesn't download it.

i'd like to see it add playlists as an option, so i could just pull together great tracks.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

sls.stormyrider

The "Health" app on my iphone says I average > 10,000 steps and > 4 miles daily. I almost never have it with me when I run.

Until this morning, that is. I had my phone in my jacket pocket as I ran 6 miles (previously calibrated by both car and runkeeper app). It said I ran 2.9

thanks, Apple
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: pcr3 on December 05, 2014, 07:34:54 PM
Quote from: jedifunk on December 04, 2014, 08:01:33 PM
to be fair, you can definitely "sync" music from a couple of places.

1. spotify, with a full paid account, lets you download music directly to the phone for offline use ... which is what i do

2. phish od app, also lets you download tracks/shows to your phone directly

I knew about #1 and will likely upgrade my account soon.  Was not aware of #2 and will be taking advantage asap. Thanks again!

Yes it does, and it is choice.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

VDB

Anyone else having issues with copy/paste in iOS 8? It seems to not work just as often as it does, specifically ignoring what I've copied and pasting something older instead. Really obnoxious.
Is this still Wombat?

sls.stormyrider

has anyone used Mailbox?
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

Quote from: slslbs on February 04, 2015, 02:27:25 PM
has anyone used Mailbox?

I used it for a couple of days.
meh

VDB

I had the same reaction. At this point, especially thanks to Gmail's tabs, I don't need to learn a new inbox paradigm.
Is this still Wombat?

sls.stormyrider

I wasn't excited about using it, but DB is giving an extra Gb free storage to try it

kellerb

Quote from: slslbs on February 04, 2015, 05:28:41 PM
I wasn't excited about using it, but DB is giving an extra Gb free storage to try it

I downloaded and installed it for that purpose

Haven't actually used it though

sls.stormyrider

so I was adding and removing some tunes from my iphone.

I had trouble adding a couple of tunes that got put in from a cd that I bought and got a free d/l from amazon.
I connected with a hard wire and the 2 tunes came over.

this morning, all of my non purchased stuff was off the phone. When I plugged it in and opened itunes, everything that should have been on the phone was. The list was complete. Except that there was way more memory available on the phone than there should have been. I tried turning the phone off, then back on - same thing. I re synched - same thing.

I can't add the tunes back without deleting them because itunes on the macbook thinks that they are there

anyone else come across this?

rowjimmy

I've had a lot of trouble syncing music to my phone lately. I use a single playlist put albums to my phone but however you select items should work if you're doing it from the Sync screen.
Here's what worked:

Delete all music from the phone
Go to Settings | General | Usage | Manage Storage | | Music
Swipe to the left on "All Songs" to delete.

Scary right?

Now connect it to computer and sync away.

It may take a while but, it works. I was even able to interrupt it and resume the sync later successfully.

mattstick

Lately I've found it best to manually sync music, that way you can add content from multiple devices.

mattstick

I've been having serious battery issues with my 5S in the cold weather.  It can go from 70% charge to off by just opening an app.  If it's below 20% battery it could die at any time.

A bit of a bummer as I'd hoped to ride out the 5S until the 7 came out, I guess we'll see what the 6S looks like...

rowjimmy

Quote from: mattstick on February 25, 2015, 09:27:05 AM

I've been having serious battery issues with my 5S in the cold weather.  It can go from 70% charge to off by just opening an app.  If it's below 20% battery it could die at any time.

A bit of a bummer as I'd hoped to ride out the 5S until the 7 came out, I guess we'll see what the 6S looks like...

My 5 (work phone) has been doing that. Fixing to bump it up to a 5s as soon as one of the attorneys steps up to a 6 next week.

I've got a year left on my personal 5s. still very happy with it.

sls.stormyrider

thanks. I'll give it a try