News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Soccer Thread

Started by MiamiPhish, August 18, 2008, 03:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

Quote from: MiamiPhish on February 12, 2009, 11:29:31 AM
are you in the school of PES > FIFA?
YES!  PES is 1000 times better than FIFA in the area that matters..... GAME PLAY

pes plays more like a real soccer match than fifa...  fifa has way more licensed teams & leagues and all the fancy EA stuff, but where it matters most (gameplay) it still falls short IMO.

that said, konami (maker of PES) has slacked on the next gen versions and has allowed EA to close the gap considerably.  i definitely make a point of checking out both titles every year before i buy, and fifa was pretty darn good this year.

in the end, i went with PES. the AI is really good and offers up a fairly realistic match.  i wish teh online wasnt shit (fifa rules here), but i mainly play the AI anyways.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

MiamiPhish

coooool.. i've only really played FIFA (05,08,09) and PES once on the computer, but I have heard that PES is a more realistic soccer simulation.  I'm gonna have to check them both out in '10!

MiamiPhish

Chelsea - Juventus 2:45 ESPN2

MiamiPhish

USA - ITALY 2:30, ESPN

Here's hoping USA can pull one out of their asses!

jedifunk

lol, usa got spanked... although, italy looked shaky at the start
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Guyute

Quote from: jedifunk on June 15, 2009, 08:30:27 PM

I don't think they got spanked.  They were up 1-0 going into the half and had been a man down for 15 minutes due to that bullshit red card.
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

Mr Minor

Quote from: Guyute on June 16, 2009, 12:23:32 AM
Quote from: jedifunk on June 15, 2009, 08:30:27 PM

I don't think they got spanked.  They were up 1-0 going into the half and had been a man down for 15 minutes due to that bullshit red card.

QFT

Great first half, but they couldn't hold on.  Too bad.  They did a great job being a man down.

jedifunk

come on... they held there own for 45 yes, but they got spanked.

yes being a man down didn't help, but the US sucks.  and it didn't help that Rossi scored two on them.  i'd say he made the right decision on which team to join.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

MiamiPhish

Quote from: jedifunk on June 16, 2009, 09:33:15 AM
come on... they held there own for 45 yes, but they got spanked.

Agreed.

Quote from: jedifunk on June 16, 2009, 09:33:15 AM
yes being a man down didn't help, but the US sucks.  and it didn't help that Rossi scored two on them.  i'd say he made the right decision on which team to join.

I mean, he chose the better team, but he'd be a huge asset to the US national team -  I'm not sure how choosing Italy over US, though, is the "right decision" -  he might've brought some legitimacy to the US squad, something we've been lacking for some time now.

jedifunk

his decision was, play for the US at the 2006 World Cup, or wait for a "possible" shot at playing for Italy. 

basically, he could have played for the US, got whupped at the world cup and been stuck playing for an overrated, underperforming national squad...

instead he took a chance, that someday Italy would call him up... and it worked.

now he plays for a legit national team that will be contending for the world cup next year.  face it the US doesnt have a shot next year... especially if we can't even beat costa rica... whereas Italy is probably one of the 3 favorites to win it.

so imo he made the right decision.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

MiamiPhish

Umm amazing!!!!! Where did this iron curtain defense come from? Who cares??!!
:banana:

antelope19

Quote from: MiamiPhish on June 24, 2009, 04:51:35 PM
Umm amazing!!!!! Where did this iron curtain defense come from? Who cares??!!
:banana:

Yeah, I just saw that we beat Spain!  I'm sorry I missed the match.  Maybe they'll replay it later!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

jedifunk

fuck that... i hate the US national team... i wanted them to get beat to a pulp.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

antelope19

THe game is being replayed on ESPN2 right now....
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

MiamiPhish

Enjoy that, young Jedi.