News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

R1/W02: 11-10-1995 Fox Theater, Atlanta, GA

Started by jedifunk, May 21, 2006, 11:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonyem

I'm sure 10 in one post is using up my quota, I'm done.  :mrgreen:

excellent review, whatapiper.

susep

its like the Axilla II ending>"turn off that light.  Stop shining that light in my face..." :mrgreen:

jedifunk

Quote from: august on May 24, 2006, 01:23:34 PM
i am with you. jedi.
i will NEVER use that thing.
a

so battleline are being drawn....  :evil:
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: whatapiper on May 24, 2006, 12:41:44 PM
Set II
Free= what can you say, free was so wicked back then, i love the free's from fall 95, out there, tripped out to another dimension.

Agreed.  Lots of opportunity for Page to throw down in these Fall '95 versions of Free. 

whatapiper

oh come on, the bananas just funny, very silly, but...funny. what better icon to throw down for a cavern or bouncin review!?

still havnt finished the show yet, cant wait for that hood...
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

cleech74

I already used the banana in another thread.  Just once.  Glad I got that out of my system.  :-P
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

Gumbo72203

its not about the show, but i thought it was just fucking crazy how i was just reading page 3 of this topic, and all of everyone's banana emoticons were bouncing left and right in time with August's jam that he posted that im listening to now....  wow that made me feel reallllllly weird hahaha
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

jephrey

So I listened to the rest (after YEM) and I like the Bag.  I like how it gets really rocking at the end, but I thought more could have been done.  Not to dis a good version, but there's better out there.  Strange Design has always been a favorite, and I like early versions the best.  It was good.  Hood was a better than average version too, but still nothing CRAZY.

Overall, I liked our previous assignment better, but this was still good of course.

:phish:

Jephrey

ps.  I dig the banana.  Can you feel that buddy?  Huh?   :banana:
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

disco

Quote from: jedifunk on May 24, 2006, 02:14:03 PM
i am with you. jedi.
a

Quote from: jedifunk on May 24, 2006, 02:14:03 PM
i am with you. jedi.

a

:lol: would you prefer a pear, or a strawberry? Or is it the notion of dancing fruit?

..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

shoreline99

i am with you. jedi.
a

:banana:

i think there was a stealth banana in there august
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

shoreline99

ok, my 2 cents on this one.

Bouncin = great opener. Clean, short and sweet.
Jim = as someone else noted, a little rough around the edges enough to not sound like a completely rehearsed version, but not a super jam either. Again, clean.
fog-taste = not my favorite. well played, but i thought fish's vocals detracted in this case. still working the kinks out on this one.
Old home place = smooth as buttah.
Ice is a great song, the boys were spot on.
Dog was good, but it's not one of my favorite tunes so i zoned out during it. And half of maze as well.
Guyute, on the other hand, was rockin'. The show is picking up steam at this point. which brings the groove into
Cavern. I know it's been done before, Cavern was beaten to death as a set closer, but it's a great song. I still love hearing the version on HCA with Dave Grippo's trumpet fills..

Set II rocked much better IMHO.
Free at this stage was loose, rocking and had a great feel.
Odd place for a Scent, but well played.
I liked the YEM->Crossroads->YEM, thought it was one of the three highlights of the show.
Strange Design. Wow. that's 2:52 of pure audio enjoyment. I hit the back button at least three times to hear the whole thing. Second of my three highlights.
Sparkle, followed by a killer Bag was the third. This second set was much better than the first.
Sweet Adeline = Typical closer.

e: Hood. Great way to end the show.

All in all, it had the feeling of a 'tweener' show, squeezed between the two better-known nights  i'd give it a solid 'B' as a good typical show from that tour, with a couple of great highlights.

But hey, what do I know. I'll probably add more to this later when i get a chance to listen to it again.

oh, and no bananas this time... ;)

fauxpaxfauxreal

Dave Grippo plays saxophone... I'm pretty sure that it is Carl "Gears" Gerhardt that is on HCA.

:samurai:

shoreline99

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on May 25, 2006, 06:32:28 PM

Dave Grippo plays saxophone... I'm pretty sure that it is Carl "Gears" Gerhardt that is on HCA.

:samurai:

you're abolutely correct, sir. my mistake. give that man a banana! :banana:

jedifunk

ok, here's my quick synopsis...

standard 95 offering here...  and while i havent heard the 9th, i do have the 11th, and would agree that this is the ugly sister...  not the hottest of shows, but far from bad, simply standard.

nothing grabs me from set 1, although, the bouncin seems a bit "extended" (maybe an extra 20-30 seconds)...

free was ok, not a big fan of the 95 space frees...

YEM... dont get what the hypes all about... wouldnt make my top 5 YEMs, excellent version, but nothing that wowed me... yes the crossroads was cool, but overall, it didnt take me there...

ac/dc was good too... rockin at the end, but wish they would have let go and taken this one away... it was primed and ready for take off IMO... although, i get that feeling from a lot of bags, it always seems ready to go, and they just let it peter out...

again, definitely put me in the fall 95 time capsule... and in that context it was great...  probably wont stay on my HD much more than a few more listens...

thanks for the share!  loving this club, btw!  starting to sweat about what i'll share!
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

whatapiper

Quote from: jedifunk on May 26, 2006, 12:02:57 PM
thanks for the share!  loving this club, btw!  starting to sweat about what i'll share!

agreed, gotta throw down something to get the peeps attention...

i finally listened to the rest of the show, and while i did really enjoy the 2nd set, i think this one def overshadowed by the next night.   i agree with jedi's bag comment and the hood was nice, you cant complain about a hood encore imo. overall, i give this one a B, right in the middle of "it could of been really great", or "it could of been  :samurai:
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong