News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Stranger Things

Started by mistercharlie, August 04, 2016, 11:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

The wife leaves for work in an hour and a half, then I go to the basement and binge watch the last three episodes. I'm like a kid on christmas.  :wtu:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

Just finished it. Great show. Leaves it open for a sequel or two. The only thing I had a problem with was [spoiler]Nancy getting back together with Jean Ralphio McDick-Tickle, I hate that guy.[/spoiler]

Episode six almost had me in a panic attack it was so intense. Or maybe it was the   :smoke:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Caravan2001

Really enjoying the 3 episodes I have seen.  Will try to squeeze in at least one or two more tonight.  Very well done show.

Gundo

MC, i'm too lazy right now to figure out how to black out my post like yours so I'm just going to be as vague as I can. I actually liked him throughout the entire show. They never really made him a bad guy, just a dumb guy who couldn't understand that there's a monster stealing people away to another dimension. And you know that thing he does at the end was pretty funny/heroic

mehead

Watched the first 6 episodes yesterday. Hope to finish it up tonight. Really great stuff. The whole 80's angle is really done well.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

mistercharlie

Quote from: EdBanky on August 07, 2016, 03:35:09 AM
MC, i'm too lazy right now to figure out how to black out my post like yours so I'm just going to be as vague as I can. I actually liked him throughout the entire show. They never really made him a bad guy, just a dumb guy who couldn't understand that there's a monster stealing people away to another dimension. And you know that thing he does at the end was pretty funny/heroic

He's a dick to not only Jonathan (that one is slightly justified) but also a  a complete asshole to Nancy and then Jonathan again (this time getting his bitch-ass kicked for it). He just seems like a sleezy "do anything to get laid' type to me.  :sbw:

He reminds me of everyone I hated in high school.

rowjimmy

I don't think he's that one-dimensional and the character does grow a bit...
I think they did that well, esp for a supporting character.

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 09, 2016, 07:55:24 AM
I don't think he's that one-dimensional and the character does grow a bit...
I think they did that well, esp for a supporting character.

I read an interview with the Duffer Brothers and they said that he was written as the complete douche that I think of him as, but as they were filming they really liked the actor who was playing him so they decided to write him a better ending/resolution.

rowjimmy

justjezmund

Loved this so much, probably the coolest thing ive watched in a while.  The stepson did a bunch of research post last episode about it and I guess this might just be a two part event, which i love the idea of.  Tons of theories after watching.  So what sort of "upside down" connection is will gunna have?  Crazy connections to 11? Obviously 11 is still alive, I think at least. If not who is eating the eggos?  Lots of awesome stuff. cant wait to watch more, and cant wait for the soundtrack to get dropped(bet its gunna get pressed too).
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

GBL

I'm definitely going to grab the soundtrack when it comes out

If this is love, I'm never going home..

mistercharlie

Quote from: justjezmund on August 11, 2016, 08:20:54 PM
Loved this so much, probably the coolest thing ive watched in a while.  The stepson did a bunch of research post last episode about it and I guess this might just be a two part event, which i love the idea of.  Tons of theories after watching.  So what sort of "upside down" connection is will gunna have?  Crazy connections to 11? Obviously 11 is still alive, I think at least. If not who is eating the eggos?  Lots of awesome stuff. cant wait to watch more, and cant wait for the soundtrack to get dropped(bet its gunna get pressed too).

I was kinda sad when I saw that it was only being released Digitally and on CD. Not pressing it would be a totally missed opportunity for more nostalgia.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

I'm only through episode 4, binged 2-4 last night...

totally in love with every character's development, the music, the forensic side of it, and all else in between.

hopefully I'll be able to finish before we have our big move next weekend. I'm super pumped to see where this story goes.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

emay

Got an episode left.
Good stuff.

mistercharlie

The wife and I are halfway through our second viewing. And I still stand by Steve is a complete douche.