News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Fuck4paug

Started by redrum, July 06, 2010, 01:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Quote from: whyweigh4.5 on July 07, 2010, 01:49:44 PM
I don't think it's the fact that they plan to bust something out.  But that they plan to bust it out on a specific date that far ahead

This. 

And planning to play a song within a couple days in advance is one thing, but over a week in advance?

Lame.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

whyweigh5.0

I don't know who that guy is that posted it or how credible his inside info is.  Could just be a coincidence, a very good good guess.  But that would be a huge coincidence I think
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

WhatstheUse?

I bet they had planned to play "Killing in the Name Of" on the 4th long before a week ahead of time.....
Bring in the dude!

Hicks

I mean I think Trey could figure out how to play FYF in a couple of hours tops, it's not like it is freakin' Fluffhead or anything.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

whyweigh5.0

Thats kind of different though.  Playing THAT song on the 4th of July had some meaning to it.  I'm not sure what the significance of playing FYF on the 2nd was... if anything at all
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: whyweigh4.5 on July 07, 2010, 02:03:00 PM
Thats kind of different though.  Playing THAT song on the 4th of July had some meaning to it.

KEEP IT IN THE POLITICAL THREADS!!!!!!

:wink: (jk)
Bring in the dude!

WhatstheUse?

all I'm saying is that most shows this year had either

a.) a new cover

or

b.) a huge bustout

Which imo, is awesome, and a cool way for the band to keep things fresh.  It just wouldn't surprise me that they planned out ahead of time where a lot of these new songs/bustouts would be placed.  They obviously had to do this somewhat systematically to ensure that each show had one of these things...
Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

Quote from: redrum on July 07, 2010, 01:29:49 PM
Quote from: whyweigh4.5 on July 07, 2010, 01:26:54 PM
OK, I found the post.  It was on Reality-Tour of all places.  They posted it on June 25th

HOLY SHIT!! now i'm completely baffled!!

HOW THE HELL DID THE BAND KNOW WE WERE GONNA HAVE A LIVE FUCKING SETLIST THREAD ON 7/1 IN JUNE???!!!

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.