News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Enter The Void >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Started by sophist, November 09, 2010, 02:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

phil

Quote from: sophist on November 17, 2010, 08:41:56 PM
Anybody else watch this?

Fuck no. I'm a stoner who never follows through with his intentions. I did watch Forrest Gump though, are they similar?
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

Hicks

Quote from: phil on November 17, 2010, 09:03:34 PM
Anybody else watch this?

Fuck no. I'm a stoner who never follows through with his intentions. I did watch Forrest Gump though, are they similar?

hahaha, post of the day!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

cactusfan

Anybody else watch this?

i haven't seen enter the void yet, but after sitting through forrest gump i felt like i'd been given a shitload of bad drugs, was shot and left to die in a filthy toilet stall. hope that helps...

redrum

Anybody else watch this?

yes.
saw it few days ago.
thought it was cool.
coulda been shorter tho.
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

sophist

Quote from: cactusfan on November 17, 2010, 11:25:47 PM
Anybody else watch this?

i haven't seen enter the void yet, but after sitting through forrest gump i felt like i'd been given a shitload of bad drugs, was shot and left to die in a filthy toilet stall. hope that helps...
:hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Quote from: redrum on November 18, 2010, 01:21:30 AM
Anybody else watch this?

yes.
saw it few days ago.
thought it was cool.
coulda been shorter tho.
word. 
Quote from: Hicks on November 17, 2010, 09:34:15 PM
Anybody else watch this?

hahaha, post of the day!
WIN.

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

ph92

Quote from: sophist on November 18, 2010, 06:37:46 AM
Quote from: Hicks on November 17, 2010, 09:34:15 PM
Anybody else watch this?

hahaha, post of the day!
WIN.
:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Nice, quote worthy? It might be close.

Fuck it why not :-D
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

qop24

Anybody else watch this?

Not showing in my area, although I do plan on checking it out on netflix when it comes out.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

ph92

I totally didn't realize until now this is the same guy that made Irreversible. Which is a fucking CRAZY movie.

I need to re-watch it.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

zimbra

Why in some places is it titled as "Enter the Void (2009)" and "Enter the Void (2010)" in others?
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

zimbra

Just finished this movie and to be honest I don't really know what to think....All I know is I'm going to buy a pack of cigs (which hasn't happened since August.) and I'll report more tomorrow...

God damn't Sophist.........  :-D
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

sophist

Quote from: zimbra on November 19, 2010, 02:05:42 AM
Why in some places is it titled as "Enter the Void (2009)" and "Enter the Void (2010)" in others?
The year denotes the cut.  The original (2009) is the longer of the two cuts, with an additional 20-30 minutes.  After it's debut, it was cut down by 20-30 minutes.  I can't remember the exact trim time, but it was a good chunk. 
Quote from: zimbra on November 19, 2010, 06:25:30 AM
Just finished this movie and to be honest I don't really know what to think....All I know is I'm going to buy a pack of cigs (which hasn't happened since August.) and I'll report more tomorrow...

God damn't Sophist.........  :-D

Dude.  Like I posted, it's one of those films that will fuck with your head.  It def had me thinking for a few days. 

zimbra

It definitely has me thinking about things, that's for damn sure.  I watched the 2009 cut last night in the safety of my own home and am very glad I did.  I feel like watching it in a public place with people who I did not know would have been very akward.  The fetus scene wasn't as bad as I had envisioned it to be but none the less still disturbing....

All in all a great movie IMHO, don't know if I will personally watch the whole film again but I have already recommended it to a few of my friends.... Especially the friends who have a liking to "blasting off"..

Thanks Sophist for the 'errrr......'  eventful night of self reflection and graphic images..

p.s.  The man behind this is a theatrical genius..  :clap:

Thumbs up!
- Trey Anastasio