News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Its Official! Benefit show is on

Started by birdman, September 06, 2011, 04:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

birdman

Thinking of springing for the VIP package.
Decisions decisions
Paug FTMFW!

WhatstheUse?

Tickets requested. The first day of classes is the least important anyways, right?
Bring in the dude!

sunrisevt

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on September 06, 2011, 04:51:50 PM
Tickets requested. The first day of classes is the least important anyways, right?

Yes.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

gah

ha! you're just picking up a syllabus anyway!
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

shoreline99

Phish is the fucking bomb.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20110906/NEWS02/110906025/-1/RSS22

QuotePhish will play a special show at Champlain Valley Exposition in Essex Junction next Wednesday, September 14. The concert will benefit Vermont flood recovery efforts. In the wake of Tropical Storm Irene, Vermont experienced its worst flooding in a century, which devastated communities throughout the state.

"It's been heartbreaking to see all the loss and destruction that came from the storm," said Phish keyboardist Page McConnell. "Vermont is very much a part of who we are as a band. We're really looking forward to playing this show and we hope the money raised will make a difference in the recovery and rebuilding effort."

The village manager for Essex Junction says he has approved a "noise waiver permit" for a Phish concert next week.

The show will be a fundraiser to help the state recover from the devastation of Tropical Storm Irene, Dave Crawford wrote in an email Tuesday.

CHECK BACK FOR MORE DETAILS AS THEY BECOME AVAILABLE
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

birdman

Ill be back home and at work by 7 AM on thursday. If this old man can do it, so can you.

Kelley I hope you have friends who will wait in line.

Also why are they holding this disaster benefit IN a disaster zone. Seems to me it will just stress the system even more.
Paug FTMFW!

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: sunrisevt on September 06, 2011, 04:56:19 PM

Yes.

Teacher says yes! YEEEEESSS!
Bring in the dude!

zimbra

This is what I said about the second week for those CO shows.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

qop24

lol @ "noise waiver permit"

eta: I will be kind of shocked if they won't do a webcast, I mean for a local benefit show of that size and with those ticket purchasing requirements I would think that a webcast would rake in an absurd amount extra for the cause. I would certainly buy a stream for any of their benefit performances.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

shoreline99

gainesvillegreen

Would like to go to this. Will throw down I'm sure.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

shoreline99

I just want to mention the irony in Phish trying to help raise money for the flood victims after playing their last Vermont shows in a swamp.

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: shoreline99 on September 06, 2011, 05:13:20 PM
I just want to mention the irony in Phish trying to help raise money for the flood victims after playing their last Vermont shows in a swamp.

Good point.

Next time I see Phish in the VT, I want there to have been two weeks minimum of dry, warm weather.  :wink:
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.