News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

CRAZY F-ing Weather!

Started by VA $l!m, February 17, 2006, 06:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: goodabouthood on September 02, 2010, 03:11:28 PM
Quote from: UncleEbinezer on September 02, 2010, 02:43:37 PM
Quote from: goodabouthood on September 02, 2010, 02:40:20 PM
Quote from: UncleEbinezer on September 02, 2010, 02:38:54 PM
Quote from: antelope19 on September 02, 2010, 02:35:52 PM
I am hoping I'm going to miss it completely on my way down to Charleston this weekend.  We'll see......

You should.  I don't think it is supposed to reach that far west.

DUDE! You need to study your geography! I think he meant Charleston, SC!  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

He is going to travel down 95 which is west of the storm which is traveling north.  They will basically pass each other....DUDE!

Whatever DUDE, work on your geology.

Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

justjezmund

when is this thing supposed to hit you guys?
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: JustJezmund on September 02, 2010, 09:10:27 PM
when is this thing supposed to hit you guys?

Things look at lot better overall, but right now its just starting to lightly drizzle.  Probably around 5-7am?  I gotta roll into work at around 5am and our CEO is tentatively scheduling things as "normal." 

We'll see in the AM.  I have such a short drive no big deal for me.  It will more than likely just be a strong Nor'easter type of storm.  But you never know.  Hatteras is starting to get it now with winds around 50mph sustained. 

Oh and Pink Floyd just came on the Weather Channel forecast.  Go Weather Channel.

UncleEbinezer

so this was a bust, at least for me in Virginia Beach.  GAH usually gets some flooding.  Not dangerous flooding just high waters. 

Here's to 5am arrival and nothing major going on.  At least I'll be getting home at like noon.

gah

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on September 03, 2010, 05:54:14 AM
so this was a bust, at least for me in Virginia Beach.  GAH usually gets some flooding.  Not dangerous flooding just high waters. 

Here's to 5am arrival and nothing major going on.  At least I'll be getting home at like noon.

hurricane earl = weak sauce.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: goodabouthood on September 03, 2010, 11:14:50 AM

sls.stormyrider

I personally insured that we wouldn't get any major storm damage.
Instead of running this AM before work, I moved all the outdoor furniture, grill, etc into the basement and garage.

Had I left it out, all hell would have broken loose.

You can thank me later.
:-)
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

gah

Quote from: slslbs on September 03, 2010, 06:45:36 PM
I personally insured that we wouldn't get any major storm damage.
Instead of running this AM before work, I moved all the outdoor furniture, grill, etc into the basement and garage.

Had I left it out, all hell would have broken loose.

You can thank me later.
:-)

It's true. Thanks!

mehead

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on September 03, 2010, 11:51:30 AM
Quote from: goodabouthood on September 03, 2010, 11:14:50 AM

ditto up here in Maine
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

guyforget

40+ degree temperature swing in denver today....  got down below 54 last night, and the predicted high today is 94.
-AD_

gah

Quote from: guyforget on September 04, 2010, 11:57:22 AM
40+ degree temperature swing in denver today....  got down below 54 last night, and the predicted high today is 94.

absurd. that's the type of thing that makes people sick.

McGrupp

Crazy storms/tornadoes blowing through all day...

You alright, blat? Were any of those tornadoes near you?
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

guyforget

hellloooo, winter. 

but, we'll be back to above average fall temps w/ highs in the 70s to end the week. 

currently, though:
-AD_

blatboom

Quote from: McGrupp on October 27, 2010, 09:58:47 PM
Crazy storms/tornadoes blowing through all day...

You alright, blat? Were any of those tornadoes near you?
naw, just a lot of wind and rain.  lost power for a bit but other than that unscathed.  saw some killer lightning on the ride home from work

rowjimmy

Remember last week's crazy storms in the upper Midwest and NE? This is the same storm that brought the weather blatboom & McGrupp were talking about above.

Lowest recorded pressure ever seen inside the US. It was as low as a category 3 hurricane. Storms like this are called Extratropical Cyclones....

click to embiggen