News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Umphrey's McGee

Started by macaronihead, June 19, 2011, 12:44:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macaronihead

Any other paug umphreaks?

Multibeast12

Quote from: macaronihead on June 19, 2011, 12:44:59 AM
I get down, i think i might be going to Utica in July.

postjack

i'm a newb but am enjoying the music I am hearing. It took me a really long time to get into UM, but ultimately their progginess and progressive jamming style sold me. No plans to catch any of the current tour dates, hoping I'll have the opportunity whenever they release more.

I see they are playing Atlanta for Halloween, but I already have tickets and a hotel for Voodoo fest.
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

macaronihead

Quote from: Multibeast12 on June 19, 2011, 01:21:58 AM
Quote from: macaronihead on June 19, 2011, 12:44:59 AM
I get down, i think i might be going to Utica in July.

Do it! I'll be there! Last year was a good time. I'm a disappointed that YMSB was added to the bill so UM will be playing just 1 set. But they stated that it will at least be a 2 hour set + encore. Which isn't that much less music than their 2 set shows.

mistercharlie

Not a UM fan... But I love The Beets! Ahh, eee, ooo, Killer Tofu!!!!!!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

phil

Quote from: mistercharlie on June 19, 2011, 06:21:46 AM
Not a UM fan... But I love The Beets! Ahh, eee, ooo, Killer Tofu!!!!!!

The beets are far superior to UM, imo. I need mo' allowance!
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

macaronihead

Good source. Weak show. http://www.archive.org/details/um2011-06-23.neumannak40

Just getting this little summer terr starting though. 16 minute GYMRH is niiiiiiice.

zimbra

As previously stated.... I get down
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

mopper_smurf

I can handle UM. Saw them a few times in Amsterdam. Nice shows, stoopid crowd.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

kellerb

Quote from: mopper_smurf on June 27, 2011, 10:35:01 AM

I was at Saturday's show, which was great.

Umphrey's fans are basically hotchickswithdouchebags.com with a band playing in the background.

DoW

I'll see them every once in a while.  They don't tour as much in the northeast for me to become a "fan."

What I'll say about them is that their lights are awesome.  Their segues are usually good but would be better if I was more familiar with their music.

As for the crowd, I'm not a fan either.  But to be fair, a lot of GA shows lead me to negative reactions to the crowd.  It is definitely a younger crowd.

Definitely worth checking out when they come around.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

gah

Quote from: kellerb on June 27, 2011, 10:40:45 AM

Umphrey's fans are basically hotchickswithdouchebags.com with a band playing in the background.

If this is the case, I need to be listening to some more UM... :-D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

sophist

Quote from: goodabouthood on June 27, 2011, 11:55:32 AM
Quote from: kellerb on June 27, 2011, 10:40:45 AM

If this is the case, I need to be listening to some more UM... :-D
emphasis was on hot.  so you're good.  move along.   :wink:
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

qop24

just got home from my first umphrey's show and I must say, pretty dope for the price.

Walked into the venue and literally the first person I made eye contact made note of my "moma dance - magic hat" phish shirt and bought both alley and me a drink and the night just got better as it went. I'll still take a 3.0 show over them but good vibes, tiny venue, free drinks from heads made for an awesome night!!!!  :beerbang:
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

gah

Quote from: qop24 on September 24, 2011, 01:11:23 AM
just got home from my first umphrey's show and I must say, pretty dope for the price.

Walked into the venue and literally the first person I made eye contact made note of my "moma dance - magic hat" phish shirt and bought both alley and me a drink and the night just got better as it went. I'll still take a 3.0 show over them but good vibes, tiny venue, free drinks from heads made for an awesome night!!!!  :beerbang:

hows that ulcer?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.