News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

R1/W21: 05-17-1992 The Achilles Rink, Union College, Schenectady, NY

Started by flow00, October 01, 2006, 11:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flow00

I decided to go with May 1992 because the band was in top form, reaching an apex in terms of technical skill and interplay, imo. I'll have the shows posted later tonight.

flow00

OK, folks, here is the bt.etree post: http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=500676

I will get the sendspace files up later today.

Enjoy!

flow00

OK, folks, I'm having trouble sendspacing the mp3 version of this show. I will try again tonight, but so far I haven't had any luck.

flow00

Here's the mp3s: http://www.sendspace.com/file/0zmzr9

Enjoy. Sorry I was late. I had trouble uploading the files.  :roll:

August

we should call this "August's Weekly Review".

Landlady-Llama-standard 92 warm up fare.nice versions to get the crowd plumped up.

Forbin's-Bird-"Into The VOID!"pretty funny narration.the mockingbird was kinda flubbed by Trey, though.

MSO-some trippy interplay in the intro of this.Page ripped this apart and then told everyone that it was O.K.

Reba-jam was quite radikal, but i felt that Fish cut it a little short.still had some goodness left in it.

IDK-92 style, Fish busts out the 'bone.

Stash-fluid version,.the crowd was really into this.lately, every show i listen to has stash in it.

Mango-Heart- coo

Chalk-this one got shredded to bit and slivers.and smithereens

Curtain-Possum-Possum had approx. 1,000,000 teases in it.i liked the "it's ice" one in particular.

Guelah-Coil-i like when coil is in the middle of the set.a nice Happy Birthday singalong to Page.29 years old?!

ATR-Brother-this brother was killer!intense jamming.

Sanity-intro was louder than usualand had Mike and Trey standing on top of the main speakers.

Love You-i love the cold as ice intro.really funny banter (long) on this one.even Paul gets in.Phish gives you more entertainment for your entertainment dollar!

Sparkle-Hood-i love how the hood gets going in the minor key.really i great version.

Cavern-LawnBoy-GXBX-i guess the lawn boy encore was for Page's birthday.

overall, i give this show a solid B.
good pick, flow.
a

birdman

Finished this yesterday on the way to a local fair. First time I have ever heard this one

Generally a pretty standard (read:amazing) 92 show. More notable than the playing are the rarities that pop up throughout the show. Now, I  realize that all these songs were a bit more common in 92 but to hear them all together makes it that much more fun.
   First  set contained fun versions of Forbins and a nice tight, although short, Reba. Stash and Chalkdust both bubble over with energy. Fun 1st set.
  Second set highlight is definately the Possum. These 92 marsupials are my favorites. They tended to act as piss breaks for me in later years, too repetitive,  but these older ones atre a real joy to hear.
  The Brother contained some sick jamming. I wish they played this one in heavier rotation in later years. Seems like this song had lots of potential.
  The last thing that really impressed me was the Hood. Loved the sound they have in the beginning of the jam. Quite atypical for Hood, thus something to put a smile on my face.
   The show ends with a high energy GTBT. Had me pumping my fist in the car, getting lots of strange looks from drivers around me.

Nice pick Flow. Nice to hear something different once in awhile. :beers:
Paug FTMFW!

flow00

Sorry I'm late. Realy busy week. This show wasn't as good as I remembered it, but these are highlights for me:

Reba: Trey lays into a nice, mellow groove and rides it like he's on a slow-moving wave. Nothing too incredible, but it's clean and tight.
I Didn't Know: Fishman on horns. I'm usually not a fan of this song, but this version is a lot of fun.
Stash: One of my favorite Stash's from '92. It builds intensity with such precision playing by Trey. This is what I love about 1992. No room for spacey jams (don't get me wrong, I love space). Trey just lets loose while the others keep it tight.
Mango: I love the placement of this song. After an intense Stash, this is just groovy sweetness with a nice jam as the end hears.
Possum: Mango morphs beautifully into Possum, which is full of teases. Trey absolutely rocks out on this. This is what I love about 1992 -- machine gun Trey, punctuated by Fishman's stellar performance on the drums. I love this version. None of the teases seem forced.
Brother: Great version. It's one of my favorites. Mike and Fishman are right on with each other, and Trey just hovers over it with more machine gun playing that turns into sustained notes. I love this!
Hood: I've never heard a Hood I didn't like.

Overall: Tight show, nothing unusual for 1992. I give it a B.

August

BUMP FOR THE 15 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!
DID SOMEONE SAY POSSUM?!
A

rowjimmy

rowjimmy

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

August

Quote from: Hicks on May 17, 2007, 11:07:52 AM
::gets headache from squinting::

::gets annoyed by ikki's HUGE font::
a

rowjimmy

Hicks

Quote from: August on May 17, 2007, 11:09:46 AM
::gets annoyed by ikki's HUGE font::
a

That what she said. . .

'cept she wasn't annoyed.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.