News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

8/09 - Alpine Valley Music Theater - East Troy, WI - Live Setlist Thread

Started by Hicks, August 09, 2015, 09:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

PHiSH
08-09-2015
Alpine Valley Music Theater
East Troy, WI

Set I:  The Very Long Fuse, Col. Forbin's Ascent* > Famous Mockingbird, Brian and Robert, Saw it Again^, Esther, Weigh, The Sloth, Sanity# > Split Open and Melt

Set II:  Run Like an Antelope > Carini > Waves > Tweezer > Dirt > Mike's Song > Blaze On > Weekapaug Groove > Tweezer Reprise

Encore:  Contact, Frankenstein

*with Trey narration about walking around the venue and getting shit on by a bird and being inspired to play Famous Mockingbird.  Trey also noted this was their 17th show at Alpine and tomorrow was the 19th anniversary of the first Phish show at Alpine. 

^ with false ending

# with Haunted House samples 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Hicks

But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

tet

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Hicks

Caravan2001

Well that finally got good.  Was falling asleep during Esther and Weigh....

Hicks

They are gonna come out with the guns blazing for the second set. 

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on August 09, 2015, 09:51:49 PM
They are gonna come out with the guns blazing for the second set.

Agreed.  This Split has some meat to it already.

Augustus

Caravan2001

Quote from: Augustus on August 09, 2015, 09:54:08 PM
Glad they're getting these out of the way before Philly.

You def would have headed for the exit if they played Sloth....

Hicks

zimbra

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Caravan2001

Decent first set.  Some of it was more bark than bite, but there were a few decent tracks.  Good for stat hunters that's for sure....

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on August 09, 2015, 09:56:48 PM
That Split was 2 Legit 2 Quit.

They kicked it up a notch on that one.  Wish I heard the opener!