News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by cactusfan, December 07, 2010, 03:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDB

Quote from: MiamiPhish on May 02, 2011, 09:44:38 PM
Last episode for me, a non-Martin reader, was a snoozefest.  No battles, no killings and few titties.

HBO, if you're not going to be splattering blood like it's 1865, then at least give me some Emilia Clarke titty!  C'mon now!

The sideboob wasn't quite getting it done for ya last episode?

Related
Is this still Wombat?

cactusfan

Quote from: blatboom on May 02, 2011, 08:59:30 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on May 02, 2011, 11:16:08 AM
I'm nealy done with the first book (thanks to blat's suggestion.)
nice dude!  I had no idea.

I'm not as high on the show as others so far.  the direwolves have been virtually written out of the story which really bothers me.  and there's so many characters and not nearly enough time to develop any of them.  oh well the fifth book is almost here thank god.

it is feeling a bit cramped, with so much plot to get in there. and they're not even trying to make each episode it's own thing in any way. it's just one long story. but still, i'm enjoying it.

and yeah, mostly i'm excited for the new book. think i'll re-read number 3 and 4 to prepare...

rowjimmy

Caught up through ep 3. I'm definitely liking the story as they're crafting it. I wonder how I'd feel if I didn't know the stuff they've left out.
Some stuff is straight out of the books though, like, in ep 2 when the Lannisters breakfast together... that dialog is straight from the text.

cactusfan

just saw tonight's. this week and last are very good. as the characters come more into focus and the plot really gets underway, it's getting a lot better. kind of like the book, really, in that it takes a little while into the first book for things to really take off.

mistercharlie

I sat down this morning and watched the first five episodes. I love this show and story. I've never read the books so this is all new to me. I may have to put the books in my reading queue.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

blatboom

::obligatory the books put the show to shame post::

rowjimmy

Quote from: blatboom on December 07, 2011, 05:19:04 PM

Yep.

I'm reading the comics now, too...

Fun but not great.

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 07, 2011, 10:52:06 PM
Quote from: blatboom on December 07, 2011, 05:19:04 PM

Yep.

I'm reading the comics now, too...

Fun but not great.

I was gonna throw those on the iPad for a little lite reading.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

blatboom

seriously Chuck put down whatever you're reading and pick up the first book. you can thank me later

Mr Minor

Just started the first book.  Hard to put down.  Very interesting world that is developing here.

emay

Quote from: Mr Minor on December 11, 2011, 09:37:00 AM
Just started the first book.  Hard to put down.  Very interesting world that is developing here.

Just watched the whole first season this past week....havent had anything to do until school started today.
I love the world that is developed in this series. Its kinda like a medieval/fantasy world. Kinda like LOTR style magic and stuff, but leaned more towards the Medieval side of the world. And there seems to be a lot more evil creates, that are past the wall. Really dig it.
The Stark family really gets shat on though  :|

Second Season starts April 2012. Psyched!

Def need to start reading the books too, but now with the semester just starting I dont think I will have much time for that.

tet

never knew of the books, and finally just watched the entire Season 1 this week after all the hype last year about this - definitely worth it.  great stories and characters for sure.  don't know if i'll get around to reading these but i hope i'll find the time to do so. 

really excited for Season 2 to begin on Sunday!! 

oh, and this was fucking hilarious (MAJOR SPOILERS):

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

rowjimmy

The shows are good but, I suggest that you read the books.

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 30, 2012, 10:39:36 AM
The shows are good but, I suggest that you read the books.

My wife just finished the first book last night and is starting on the second today. I am so fakkin' pumped for the show to start back up!!!!

emay